When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Black MOP has arrived! Pics of the yin and yang.

jfreeman420

Finally a black mother of pearl replica!!! This is what I said to myself when Ruby sent me a picture of this. originally I was looking for a white mop version of this watch because i had given up my search for a Black MOP replica. All the dials that they have made look wither green or purple or some other color but not black. I must say that this is a very good example of a black mother of pearl dial. The light reflects off of the pearl so you see blues, greens and purples at different angles. Truly a work of art.

The watch is very well made. Nice and heavy and larger than a president. I believe it is about 39mm, just a hair smaller than a yachtmaster. The case and braclet are highly polished and very similiar to platinum. The cz bezel and hour markers have lots of fire unlike many other cz reps. The second hand is smoothe and the date font appears to be spot on with closed 6 and 9's. It also has very good date mag.

Comparing this one to my older gold mop mastepiece there is no comparison unfortunately. Although the new one is good and I am happy I have it, the fit and finish is no where near as good as on the older model. The first gripe I have is with the end links. They are a bit wobbly on the new one where the older ones fit perfectly to the case. The first links after the end links dont bend to the wrist. They are stuck at an obtuse angle so the watch wears more like a bangle. The old model's bracelet is flawless. It flows freely just like the genuine. The links on the old bracelet get thinner towards the clasp. The links on the new one are thick all around. When you move to the inside of the watch the black dial model is brushed. The gold model is polished in and out like it should be. Also the back of the endlinks on the black dial aren't detailed or finished like the older model. The clasp on both is very good, however the older model is better. It snaps shut with a soft click and stays put. The new model although the clasp snaps shut very tight, it is a little difficult to push in. It does stay shut the whole day however. The black dial's clasp has a sharp edge where the clasp meets the bracelet. This annoys me a bit as the gold version is smooth and the fit and finish is much better. I think it is a shame that Rolex replicas are going downhill in general while other brands are being produced with much better attention to detail.

Don't take this review as a negative. This watch is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The price was right too at just $200. I can't complain. Ruby is also a pleasure to work with. Aside from all the faults the dial is the nicest I have seen and what I have been looking for for almost five years. Now enjoy the pics. And yes that is a velvet snakeskin print shirt I used for the back drop :whistling:

270800-3608.jpg

270800-3609.jpg

The happy couple

270800-3610.jpg

270800-3611.jpg

Platinum Fred glasses with the Platinum Rolex

270800-3612.jpg

Gold and Wood Cartier glasses with the Gold Rolex

270800-3613.jpg

Genuine Black Mother of Pearl Platinum Masterpiece

270800-3614.jpg

Excellent!! all i really want now is a black MOP yachtie and i will a happy camper

Me too. And a daytona. I have seen both for sale but the attempt at the dials are horrible. Too much green and silver print on a gold watch. If they can take this dial, print it in gold and put it in a gold yacht I am all over it!!!

i saw a a Tahitian black MOP dial Yachie (gen) in yellow gold about a couple years ago in Prauge out of all places ... most definately out of my budget but it was one of the few gold sports watches that was love at first sight for me ... and i think YMs are silly... it was really somthing special.. then again i think black mop is v. special anyway ..