When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 2005 Rep. Comparison... HELP!!!, Which of these is more accurate? Options

Thor

Aspire's...

102-8520.jpg

or Joshua's...

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...e=post&id=20806

Thanks in advance for your help....

Chris

Joshua's is aesthetically much better, with correct sub dial spacing and correct running seconds at the 6:00 subsidiary. Also, the case on Joshua's looks much, much better.

Both of these watches are powered by an Asian 7750 B1, but Joshua's has 11 more gears implemented that ultimately relocate the positions of the sub dials, and I believe that this second version of the mod 7750 B1 has many improvements (along with beating at 28,800bph).

I'd go with Jos Nana's. It's a great looking time piece, completely functional, and at a great price.

Thank you sir....

That was my plan, but I thought I'd run it by you guys. Joshua has put up with my flood of questions, and he's been very gracious. I'd definitely like to give him the business.

Thanks!

I like Joshua's as well.

Jos for sure....pick up 2 and send me mines. :smile: This watch is on my "list" which is growing daily. I may actually get to it one day.

Jos for sure, better subdial spacing, and more reliable dealer. I only know that the newest 7750-B1 Daytonas are having problems with the 9 o'clock subdial not resetting properly to 12 though, in some.

this seems like a perfect time to ask. please don't bash. what does it mean when there's a running second at the 6/9 position?

Running seconds at "6" means that the seconds are shown in the small subdial at the 6 oclock position.

Running seconds at "9" means running seconds in the subdial at 9 oclock

Mike

I myself while darn partial to the black face widower am stuck on the whole WG issue. I was in my local chinese restaurant where the manager (WHO DRIVES A BRAND NEW 700 SERIES Beemer) is sporting his new yellow gold daytona of this exact model. I like him a lot and without thinking called him out (thinking it did actually come in YG)-- so I say, hey XXX cool new rolex, here look at my brand ne Panerai. I did not know that rolex came in YG I thought it only came in WG (expecting him to give me the details of his massive purchase and my ignorance)

to which he replies.....

"I don't know. I got it last week. it was a gift"....

Ah yes, the mysterious unidentified gold daytona gift of unknow value. I felt terriable calling him out ! and promply told him how great it looked and that he was lucky and never once mentioned the wrong subdial placement on the canal stret rep.

See you're in a win win situation.

Josh's version is better!

Josh is a pleasure to do business with!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

so the correct one for 2005 is the one jos carries. running at 6 right? cuz i'm gonna get one from jos

Insanely comical! LOL!!!!!!!!

I just got one from Josh. It's amazing. Go for it. You will not regret it.