When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer

alant

Hi dear all, I'm keen in getting a Breitling Navitimer. Most probably it will be in stainless steel bracelet or those two tone ones. Any recommendations on which is a better replica and who to get it from? And for those who have the Navitimer, I would appreciate if you all could share your experiences too. Thanks.

Thanks pal! That's a useful piece of info. I didn't know all the Navitimers come from the same factory. Ok will also look into upgrading of the membership. In the meantime, any idea do these replicas come in asia movement or any swiss movement ones? Thanks.

Good man :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, you can buy a very expensive Navitimer with the sub dials at 12 9 6 o'clock positions, but most of them come with an Asian movement, which is a copy of the Swiss 7750.

The newer asian movements are very good, I have never had any problems with them, but I would recommend a service at some point, then it should last you like a Swiss one would.

Hi when u mentioned about very expensive for those sub dials at 12 9 6 o'clock position, what's the price range like? I saw some with sub dials at 9 6 3 o'clock positions, are they inferior in any ways? So I guess most comes with asia movement...

For the Swiss version it is just shy of $900.

The one you mentioned is the asian version, and it is a modified 7750 movement to allow the repositioning of the subdials. This also causes the datewheel to sit a couple of mm below the dial, instead of flush with it.

No the majority of them are Asian movements. There is only one dealer that publicly sells the Swiss version of the navitimer. Personally I would buy a $300ish Navitimer with the Asian 7750 movement, have it serviced for 'x' amount, then sit back and observe how much more money you have in your bank account compared to if you had have bought the swiss version. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Haha quite true well said! Can like have 2 pieces of asia movement instead of just a swiss piece plus the fact the replica standard is getting better and better. Well, just curious how accurate are the slide rules on these replicas? Anything to watch out for? Thanks.

Unfortunately the slide rule is one of the flaws. It doesn't line up perfectly, but by such a minimal amount, it isn't noticeable. Some people can't live with it, but from a massive breitling fan, I can assure you it isn't that bad at all. Just means if you are a pilot, it won't do your planning and flying much good!

Apart from this they are pretty good reps!

Could I throw a question in as well, having already checking out that great Breitling rep buyers'-guide. I am debating between the ~$300 Asian 7750 and the ~$900 Swiss 7750. I understand the Swiss is just beautiful and runs like a charm, and that the Asian will as well with perhaps one service a year? Can you take one of these watches to a decent watch store in your town to have it serviced? How do you guys service good quality reps?

Thanks!

No the majority of them are Asian movements. There is only one dealer that publicly sells the Swiss version of the navitimer. Personally I would buy a $300ish Navitimer with the Asian 7750 movement, have it serviced for 'x' amount, then sit back and observe how much more money you have in your bank account compared to if you had have bought the swiss version. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks.

And being new to this, what is your approach when asking a non-Authorized Dealer watchsmith type shop about reps? "Hey, do you mind taking a look at and/or servicing a high-quality replica with a good asian 7750 copy movement?" (assuming that is the watch I bring in)

I had had a rep way back when, and when the slightest hint that it was a rep came up with some watch guys they wouldn't go near it, although that may have been an extremely cheap rep. Do you guys find that most of those watchsmith guys who have their own little shops/been around for a while, won't mind working on a copied 7750 movement (considering it is basically like the gen)?

Any insight for local watchsmith store servicing is appreciated (or if there is a thread started somewhere on this--in particular local watchsmithes, not sending in to forum members)

Thanks Again.

I have a local watchmaker near me who doesn't mind working on reps, and was more than happy to service the movement for me, best bet is to find a local watchsmith (not an Authorised Dealer mind you), and ask them.

Ok back to the Navitimer. I was browsing through and realised there are easily 20 different models or more of the Navitimer to choose from...tough choice man! Any recommendations on who to get from so that I won't end having a lousy piece or worst still paying up and never receive the watch? Thanks.

Oops sorry I sort of hijacked your thread, yes please back on topic (any responses to my questions can be PM'ed to me)

Ok back to the Navitimer. I was browsing through and realised there are easily 20 different models or more of the Navitimer to choose from...tough choice man! Any recommendations on who to get from so that I won't end having a lousy piece or worst still paying up and never receive the watch? Thanks.

Thanks.

And being new to this, what is your approach when asking a non-Authorized Dealer watchsmith type shop about reps? "Hey, do you mind taking a look at and/or servicing a high-quality replica with a good asian 7750 copy movement?" (assuming that is the watch I bring in)

I had had a rep way back when, and when the slightest hint that it was a rep came up with some watch guys they wouldn't go near it, although that may have been an extremely cheap rep. Do you guys find that most of those watchsmith guys who have their own little shops/been around for a while, won't mind working on a copied 7750 movement (considering it is basically like the gen)?

Any insight for local watchsmith store servicing is appreciated (or if there is a thread started somewhere on this--in particular local watchsmithes, not sending in to forum members)

Thanks Again.

U nfortunately I doin't think there is any standard way to approach them. I would go in and be frank about it really. Like you have stated, I have a replica watch, that has 7750 (asian), would you be prepared to service it.

Again no standard answer to this one. If you go through our trusted dealers, you will receive the watch. As far as which Navi to go for, I can't really help there. I have a two tone Navitimer that has dials at 12,9,6 on a strap and love it. Another member, and also a big Breitling fan has one at 3,6,9 and it looks awesome on the strap too.

I purchased a modded Navitimer a couple of weeks ago and it looks identical to the genuine. On the 12-9-6, there are 2 versions. The older has the silver subdial with a correct slide rule and a newer version has a whiter subdial with the incorrect slide rule. They both have the same asian 7750 movement so whichever one meets your eye as far as accuracy.

i bought one from member on another board. It was the older Navitimer modded with a Gen dial, swiss ETA 7750, modded bezel, and a gen crown. Should be cheaper than $900 if you have it modded yourself.

stan

Thanks for sharing stan!

And b16a2, any chance for you to pm me who you got your two tone navitimer from and the price? Haha the two tone model is also one of my favorite and I'm aiming at it! By the way does the gold plating fade off after some time?

And Red Baron don't worry about hijacking of thread, I'm also learning from all of you.

Lastly, any Breitling fans from Singapore?

• 3 weeks later...