When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In the Dark

Does anyone know of a source to purchase Revell Night Color in the US?

UK sellers will not ship the paint to the US and the 4 hobby shops I contacted in the US say the paint is not available here (2 of the shops contacted their Revell distributor and were told the same thing). :(

I generally prefer to use Bergeon lume paste for vintage watches. It dries to a nice, grainy texture & its relatively weak luminescence more accurately matches the waning glow of 30+ year old tritium. The trouble with the Bergeon stuff is that it is just about impossible to correct mistakes. So if it runs or you paint 'over the line', you are stuck with a possibly ruined dial. As I understand it, the Night Color produces a similar texture, but remains pliable enough to be peeled off (when dry) if you make a mistake. And with my non-artist's hands, that is a big selling point. According to the seller, the order was dispatched today, so I will know more in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, you might search out Edge's original guide to reluming a dial with Night Color. He did a great write-up on this paint & his luming procedure.