When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel insert for MBW 1665

evildee

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll post images of Clark's inserts here. Apparently there is a difference in appearance take a look. And the pearl doesn't look half bad? I'm no expert so please add your comments. Inserts are buy it now price $15.75.

1680 (thick numbers and minute markers)

274426-2796.jpg

5513 (thin numbers and minute markers)

274426-2797.jpg

5513 military (thin numbers and minute markers all around)

274426-2798.jpg

They all have modern pearls and will not fit a genuine pearl becase the hole in the insert is larger than the 2mm required.

So I would say over the ones you have listed, keep the MBW original and install a geniune pearl if you can.

The MBW insert has slightly thicker font than the one I posted info about, but it is still better than all of the Clark inserts, why downgrade?

Cheers :D

I'm new to the MBW 1665 game and I have a question. I have been scanning photos of 1665's and I cant tell if the pearl is consistant. On my watch from TTK, the pearl is not bordered by a steel ring but is just a filled hole, flush with the top of the insert. Is this accurate and would an aftermarket pearl be just the plastic filler for this hole???

Is the bezel insert and pearl for the MBW1665 accurate enough that I can just have Ziggy do a vintage color reluming of the dot without any upgrades??