When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cannon pinion

Cats

Just came back from yet another great test of my patience.

1 month ago i thought let's built, or i should say ask a good friend to do it for you , i nice rep and buy all the pieces needed from all over the wolrd.

First of all i want to say that everybody who i asked for advice was very helpfull and some members even supported me with parts.

I bought a skeleton movement from sizzlinwatches in the US and it came with a too short cannon pinion for a sw dail.

So i mailed siizlinwatches and they fixed it by sending a new cannon pinion and hour wheel with the correct lenght H3.

In the meantime , being very unpacient , i ordered 2 pairs at CousinsUk. They shipped and charged me for 1 set and an additional 8 pounds shipping cost so that was an expensive experince ( 15 pounds together ) . Came in a plastic bag ( are they gen ?? )

What i found out is that the cannon pinion from CousinsUk doesn't fit on the sizzlinwatch skeleton ( chinese copy ).

If got 2 questions:

- If you get a cannon pinion fix in a plastic back is it a fake or do they come in bulk packaging to our dealers.

- did anybody had the same experience with ETA cannon pinion combined with Chinese copied movements.

Regards,

Cats

Nice to here that the CousionsUk are gen.

Addition to the non-fitting situation.

The pin fits but you can't push it down far enough so that it will click into the fixated position.

Regards,

Cats.

We did try to install the cannon pinion with a bergeon jewel press also to support the bottum part of the axe.

We couldn't press it on with manual power so we stopped. I will try a view other cannon pinion because it could be a flaw in that certain pinion.

Regards,

Cats

We did try to install the cannon pinion with a bergeon jewel press also to support the bottum part of the axe.

We couldn't press it on with manual power so we stopped. I will try a view other cannon pinion because it could be a flaw in that certain pinion.

Regards,

Cats

Yes it could be a flaw, if they made the tension too high, it won't fit. There is a way to fix this, but it's not easy...maybe try some other ones and see if they fit.

All the cannon and hour wheels I get from ETA, are all individually packaged with all the ETA markings, part number, height etc, I have never seen them from ETA loose pack, that is a bit strange to me...surplus ones? or copy ones??

RG

FxrAndy

This is an example of a "chinese" 6497. Although if you live in the US with 6 dollar shipping its a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.de/6497-Unitas-Movement-Fi...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Zigmeister:

that's why i asked if ETA parts are shipped in bulk or always in a separate sealing.

It could also be the case that i bended the axe when i removed the old cannon pinion which set very tight, on the aother hand we did hold the movement with a wooden tooth pick in it's place so too many force would have caused a broken tooth pick. I'lll keep you posted on the progress.

Regards,

Cats