When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hilarious.

So my Steelfish has arrived earlier from homer and its a bit big.

Luckily my friend works in a Rolex and Omega AD down the road from here. he knows its a rep so I thought i'll get him to resize it.

I walk in and give it to him and his boss is looking out of the office. He gets up and runs over and grabs it.

"jesus this is lovely. They are so well made. I wish we stocked these aswell." I said I need it resized,

he said "because its genuine i wouldnt want to do it. if you go to a breitling AD they'll do it free so dont waste your money here. Can i try it on though i love the weight of them on my wrist"

I was so taken aback when he gave me it back i forgot to say no its a rep and i want it resized. So i still have a friggin watch thats too big for me!!!!

But it just goes to show that the Rep fools a guy that has owned a jewellers for years. Fair enough he's not a breitling AD but i did feel very chuffed, and foolish at the same time as i got back in my car having defeated the object of coming out!!!

...may it be this guy was only clever enough to compliment you "out" of his shop...thats a very good way to tell someone "..we are not doing reps so go somewhere else to fool a dealer!"

Good short story though....attach a leather strap....you can adjust by yourself ;)

i text my friend in there after saying sorry i didnt know what to say. he said his boss hasnt stopped going on about breitling saying how he wants to get one now.

Where is the best place to get the leather straps do you reckon?

Resizing Breitling bracelets isn't particularly difficult (and I give this testimony as someone who is extremely lacking in the watch-related mechanical skills that others here possess).

Although in general I prefer bracelets to leather, I think the Steelfish and Evo look better on leather. Leather adds a more refined look, whereas combined with the bracelet these watches look a bit cold and blingy.

But until you figure out what leather or rubber strap you want to purchase, simply resize the bracelet yourself. Then you can swap back and forth occasionally between strap and bracelet for a change of looks.