When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner LV.. Issue?

911RS

Hello! New user, first post and long time lurker =O)

I just purchased my Green LV Sub from Ideal Watches.... After looking at this site I think I may have paid too much compared to Trusty Time.

Only problem I have is when shaking the watch to wind it it sometimes makes a sandy sound. Does my watch need to be relubed/serviced? Swiss ETA movement.

Can this be done by me? It's only about 1 month old.

thanks in advance

Hello & welcome.

If you hear 'sand' inside your watch, it probably needs servicing. If you know how to overhaul an automatic watch movement, you can do it yourself. But if you have to ask a question like that, you probably don't. I would recommend checking with the seller or try some local watchmakers to see if they are willing to work on a replica watch. If you cannot find a local watchmaker, try ziggyinfo.com (in case you do not already know, Ziggy is THE MAN when it comes to watchmaking skills and making reps run right).

Hi Well you probably did pay too much. I wont ask if you don't want to tell but most people here have been were you have too. The noise could be that the rotor may be loose and rubbing on the inside of the case back, have you taken it off to have a look? Generally you can remove a sub case back if it is not on too tight with your thumbs when wearing rubber kitchen gloves.

You actually have no idea how fast a rotor ( and loud ) can get spinning if you have never seen one ...

Here is a video of my SMP Chrono with the case back off ( speakers up )

Zed

http://media.putfile.com/Automatic-Watch-Movement << Clicky

Thanks for the video that's awesome! Mine sounds just like that.... but mine kinda makes a scrape sound... and you can kind of feel it when it's on your wrist shaking to wind.

thanks again

Hi Well you probably did pay too much. I wont ask if you don't want to tell but most people here have been were you have too. The noise could be that the rotor may be loose and rubbing on the inside of the case back, have you taken it off to have a look? Generally you can remove a sub case back if it is not on too tight with your thumbs when wearing rubber kitchen gloves.

I Paid 900 plus shipping from Idealwatches. I'm sitll wiaitng on them to send me my box and papers =O( I'll give it a go with rubber kitchen gloves. Thanks for the tip.

Bear in mind that was a 7750 chrono works that winds one way only (one way has resistance and the other not) and is notoriously loud. Your eta shoud have equal resistance both directions as it winds both ways.