When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Question

I have an Omega Seamaster 300m and thinking about swapping the SS bracelet for a pair of either leather or rubber straps. My question to everyone is what is the correct size that is needed if I swap out the bracelet for these strasp? 20mm or 18mm ?

I know that the lug width of the SS bracelet is 20mm but don't know whether or not a 20mm leather band will fit perfectly in its place.

I have an Omega Seamaster 300m and thinking about swapping the SS bracelet for a pair of either leather or rubber straps. My question to everyone is what is the correct size that is needed if I swap out the bracelet for these strasp? 20mm or 18mm ?

I know that the lug width of the SS bracelet is 20mm but don't know whether or not a 20mm leather band will fit perfectly in its place.

I replace SS bracelets on my diving watches routinely - I don't like the weight or the the fact that they are always a little too loose or a little too snug. Stingray is especially nice on some watches.

On my Omegas, I use 22mm shark or 22mm stingray. You can probably use 20mm, but 18 would look ridiculous.

This is one of my Omega SMP GMTs. The band on this is a 22mm Black Alligator. It has not been trimmed in any way, and it has had a LOT of wrist time - much of which was pretty tough abuse.

One thing I think is funny - in prior posts I have complained that no matter what I did I could not get the wavy lines on the dial to show. I picked this up, aimed a camera with integral flash at it and shot it - life can be amusing.

I don't know why, but I tried to picture and got the message -

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

Damn - the fates are against me.

Look under "General Discussion" group and I'll try a posted pic there as "Omega SMP Strap."

Bill