When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lemania/Venus problem

I have a rep of a PAM00158 from one of the dealers here and I am having some issues with it and wondered if any one would have advise on what is wrong with the watch.

The movement is listed as a Lemania manual working chronograph movement. From what I have read, a Venus copy.

The winder has always been hard to engage. I figured out after a while if I tilt the watch so that the crown faces down and the crown is pushed all the way in, that it would engage more frequently. Even so, while winding it often will disengage itself. Yesterday I looked down it had stopped all together. I attempted to wind it but could not get it to engage.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Is a replacement movement available? If so from where and what do they run?

Thanks

Rick

It sounds like the crown stem is too short. I think The Zigmeister has mentioned that this is a problem with some of the watches.

That's about all I can contribute... :huh:

Crown stem to short eh? Is that why it winds (or at least attempted to) with the crown pushed all the way in? I am a complete noob to this but I always thought the crown had to be pulled out to wind. Am I wrong on that?

Thanks

Rick

Crown stem to short eh? Is that why it winds (or at least attempted to) with the crown pushed all the way in? I am a complete noob to this but I always thought the crown had to be pulled out to wind. Am I wrong on that?

Thanks

Rick

Obviously you have a problem but to wind the watch the crown should not be pulled out. That is only to set the hands. It does sound as if the crown stem maybe a little short.

Obviously you have a problem but to wind the watch the crown should not be pulled out. That is only to set the hands. It does sound as if the crown stem maybe a little short.

Thanks. The dealer is sending me a replacement watch. I just hate to think that a watch this beautiful will hit the junk pile.