When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lumed Rep vs. Gen

Thor

Anyone have side by side pics of lumed rep vs gen Rolex?

If u really look hard and you'll come upon Ziggy posts on those lume comparisons :rolleyes:

That wasn't really the question the original poster was asking. While I don't have a real Rolex to compare to, I do have access to a couple of genuine Omegas. My father has a Omega Constellation SS and my wife has an Omega TT Constellation. The aftermarket reluming done by Zig on my Rolex DD and Omega GMT was as good as the lume on the genuines.

i kinda think it was - he's pointing to ziggy's posts on the comparisons, which include photos, so i don't know where that's coming from

Just so you know the Lume that Ziggy, Palp and I use for re-lumes is exactly the same stuff that the Gen makers use. It's called "SuperLuminova" and is made in Switzerland under Licence from the Japanese patent holder by R C Tritec. It was thought that only the watch making companies could buy this stuff but that turned out not to be true which is why we offer the service. So, the glow is exactly the same as the gen.

case closed

Very interesting to know. :worshippy: