When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

River's new LV GMT

robideaux

i am not sure if the casing is a 1:1 copy, but from the photos i have this watch looks extremely accurate.

here is River's replica:

37266-39051.jpg

37266-39052.jpg

37266-39053.jpg

37266-39054.jpg

and here is the genuine:

37266-39055.jpeg

37266-39056.jpeg

37266-39057.jpeg

37266-39058.jpeg

i asked river if it is a 1:1 and will take the OEM strap. if so, i'm ordering it immediately for my GF (and perhaps myself a little--i love the colour pallete)

btw, the darker brown dial does exist. look at http://www.louisvuitton.com

anyone else likey?

There is one thing with LV...most of the time nearly everybody will say it is a fake no matter that you're wearing gen or rep...

Why do you say that? I suspect that almost no one would recognize the LV, much less automatically expect that it is a rep. Find two people in 100 that even know that LV makes watches and you would be lucky. <_<

I see where you are. There may be more examples in OZ than in Texas. It is a very nice rep, though. Worth wearing whether you get called out or not.

Edited by gdaddy

I suspect that almost no one would recognize the LV, much less automatically expect that it is a rep. Find two people in 100 that even know that LV makes watches and you would be lucky. <_<

That's the reason why many people will suspect that it's a rep. Most people don't know the fact that LV makes watches and will automatically suspect any to be fake.

It's like the Oysterquartz, most people will think it's a fake because they know a Rolex doesn't tick.

That's the reason why many people will suspect that it's a rep. Most people don't know the fact that LV makes watches and will automatically suspect any to be fake.

It's like the Oysterquartz, most people will think it's a fake because they know a Rolex doesn't tick.

Funny, I have an OQ. I accidently left in a friend's car and forgot where I had left it. He called a couple of months later and told me he had my watch. When I asked why the hell he hadn't let me know sooner, he said "Well, I would have, but since it was a fake Rolex, I didn't think you would be worried". :angry:

After thinking about all this, I don't think two in a hundred in my neck of the woods would know what a Panerai is. Until I started this sill hobby a year ago, I didn't. All of my friends have Rolexes, and not one has recognized the Pam. My brother-in-law collects watches and he had never seen one. Are we, as hobbyests, part of some giant mulit-level ponzi scheme? :)

• 2 weeks later...
LV engraving on side of the case is black on gen and no color at all on rep. are the crows the same? i might be seeing reflections of something on the gen

The LV engraving is not black (looked at the gen in person yesterday), but it is engraved very deep and thin making it look black.