When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franck Muller OEM Strap

cpaman

I just purchased a FM Conquistador from Joshua (2892-A2 version), does anyone know if the orginal rubber strap would fit this rep? I think the quality of the strap really makes a good rep great.

Thanks!

I just purchased a FM Conquistador from Joshua (2892-A2 version), does anyone know if the orginal rubber strap would fit this rep? I think the quality of the strap really makes a good rep great.

Thanks!

i bought two OEM FM conquistador straps en ebay used. one was crocodile but with no buckle for 52 dollars, the other was rubber with buckle for roughly 150 i think.

to my misfortune they didn't fit. the lug holes on this rep are about 1.5 mm to close to the case. i am thinking about having my case modded to fit them....

i bought two OEM FM conquistador straps en ebay used. one was crocodile but with no buckle for 52 dollars, the other was rubber with buckle for roughly 150 i think.

to my misfortune they didn't fit. the lug holes on this rep are about 1.5 mm to close to the case. i am thinking about having my case modded to fit them....

If you decide not to modify the case and want to sell the straps. Please PM me

robideaux, your watch could just be drilled improperly, or the latest version has the lugholes drilled so an OEM strap won't fit--I've had the previous 2 versions of the Conqistador and OEM dials and straps fit perfectly.

Has anyone else put an OEM strap on their Conq?

If the rep is 19mm at the lugs, is the orginal not the same or is there some other hole placement issues that would cause them not to fit??? I would hate to spend $100 to find out the strap does not fit.

@cpaman... i always do the same... sometimes a strap is even more expensive than the watch, but this really makes a difference... this way no one thinks the watch looks cheap and people are really impressed... but the most important... i am impressed :D

Did the same thing with my Vulcain cricket i got from Neil and it looks like a million bucks :)

I called a local FM AD yesterday and asked about getting a Rubber strap for a Conqusitador. I was told I would have to bring my watch in, that they could not just get me a strap. She also said the strap cost was between $250 and $500 :o

I'm going to see if I can find one on Timezone. I just don't want to get an orginal strap that won't fit. I guess I could sell it if that happens.

If the rep is 19mm at the lugs, is the orginal not the same or is there some other hole placement issues that would cause them not to fit??? I would hate to spend $100 to find out the strap does not fit.

I originally misunderstood the problem when robideaux asked me about it a while ago--I think the issue is not the width of the lugs but that the holes are too close to the case. the fix depends on if there is room to drill new holes so that you don't end up just creating one too-big hole and the old holes are covered by the end of the strap.