When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping watch from USA to China. Need Help!

Ghetto2315

I need to return a watch back to B9A in China. They obviously had to clear customs to the USA, in which they smuggled the watch inside speakers.

My question is... what do I need to do to mail a watch back to China? Can I just wrap it up, put it in a plain box and ship it? Or do I have to smuggle it as well?

What carrier can/should I use? I would just like to use USPS...

Thank you guys!

Ask your dealer how it should be shipped.

That is good advice. The dealer knows what is best for them.

Over the years I have returned about 5 watches to China. I usually use the good old USPS and send it the cheapest way because I have found that most dealers send their replacements cheapo too. It usually takes about 10 days or so, but if the dealer knows you, he might send the replacement before receiving the defective watch-it's worth asking. The last one I returned cost me aobut $8.50 to ship and I got a tracking number that was good through customs. I put "return of gift" on the customs form. So far for me it hasn't been a big deal. Good luck.

Hiding a watch in cheap speakers or a toy is a joke : who will buy cheap things by EMS of whatever Courrier Service from the other side of the world ? That will just attract customs attention if they open your parcel.

The best way IMO is to ship the rep as a fantasy watch, gift with a value of 30 dollars or so. Most people don't know about all the watch brands...including customs. I am doing so when shipping to the US, and did so the one time I had to ship something back to Singapore.

I would send a registered airmail (no Courrier service), as it's cheaper, pretty safe and it seems it's less controled. No registration might tease undelicate people's attention.

Last thing, I fully agree : the dealer should tell you exactly what he wants.