When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The First Ridiculous Panerai Moment

Victoria

I could tell you some crazy stories about my cousin Espen.. ..like the one where he ended up next to Jimmy Carter on a plane from London to Norway, with Mr Carter's security guy between them. Espen got to talking with the guard who introduced Mr. Carter to Espen, thinking he'd be interested, Espen politely nodded to the old man, and continued being fascinated by the bodyguard job.

Two days later, Espen is watching the Nobel-concert on TV, and Jimmy Carter enters the podium.. Espen leaps up and yells 'THAT'S THE GUY FROM THE PLANE!!' and addressing us: 'Who the hell is this guy?!'

..anyway.. he cracked the windshield of his BMW M635 with a fake Breitling trying to smack a fly.. ..in the middle of our 12 hour drive to Denmark.

Great, sssurfer, I'll do that! What does Jetmid mean? *g*

Try a search on the 'old' RWG, it might prove fun (provided it did not get cancelled in the six months blackout).

If it makes you feel any better, I had a 3717 moment on Tuesday night. Sushi dinner with the wife, me wearing my suave and sophisticated pilot chrono on SS bracelet. I noticed a few knowing eyes identifying the wrist-wear. Mid conversation, instead of chopsticking the intended piece of caterpillar roll, I took the entire ball of wasabi and popped it into my mouth like the idiot I am. It was not pretty. Everybody at the restaurant seemed to be staring at me as I gasped and grabbed for a cloth napkin. Having discarded what was left of the wasabi into my napkin, I then proceeded to knock my Sprite all over the other two sushi dishes. I walked out of the restaurant with Sprite all over my groin area.

Last time I attempted to serve someone birthday cake I dropped it on the floor. I honestly don't know how I got so far without getting hit by a bus...

My only one involves one time I got a new 112 and I already had a 111h, and for grins I was wearing one on each wrist to compare how the looked on me. Got busy doing something else, forgot I had on 2 watches & went out to run some errands. Got back & realized everyone around town where I was at must have thought I was some kind of nutcase wearing an "identical" oversized watch on each wrist :D