When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I pulled the trigger on a Motors T (30secs)

anton

So today I purchased a Bentley Motors T from my guy down in Canal St. (same that Trusty has) with a black dial, A7750, etc.

I know about the primary flaw and there are two: 60 sec. chrono instead of 30 and reversed subdials (also, the minutes register is 5, 10, and 15 and the hour register goes up to 6 hours.)

Anyone who doesn't know better doesn't know the difference (which is most people anyway).

What bugs me is the weight of the thing.

Notice in the pic I have it side-by-side with a gen Super Avenger and when looking at the polished surfaces of the Bentley vs. the SA (the mid-links, buckle, side case) this is where the Bentley fails. And the SA just feels much heavier than the Bentley, bracelet and all. Granted, I haven't yet managed to handle a gen Motors T so I don't know of the ultimate quality issues, but IMO this rep is one for the legends.

Only if they could fix the recessed datewheel then we'd be in business. And I noticed that it has AR, but a real cheap flavor of one. Oh heck, it's better than nothing, but much worse than the SA (and other Breitlings, for that matter).

But with the flaws of this thing, it's a beaut to look at and even though large, it's not hideously large like a Glycine Airman. It could very well be my new favorite watch.

284686-9265.jpg

They are both beautifull watches, but the SA just looks massive, it must be a combination of the bezel being thicker on the SA and it's larger diameter dial. Even as reps go, I would stick with an SA.

I have the bentley T and i love it. I am still waiting for a better SA rep to come out.

Lonnie

Well, after playing with this and borrowing one gen (with a hefty deposit BTW) from my regular jeweler, the flaws become much more prominent. Bear in mind that this is probably only noticed by members here and hard-core Breitling fans (the standard ones, to my surprise, know nothing in terms of the history/manufacturing).

Here goes, and I hope it doesn't stop you all from purchasing one as it is beautiful!

1: Recessed datewheel. On some models the numerals are black and on others it is a darker shade of red (maroon).

2: Crystal is affixed to bezel rather than the case and turn of the outer bezel rotates the inner bezel, not the bezel AND crystal.

3: AR. It's there, but a very light and cheap flavor. You can still see reflections at most angles. Crystal is supposed to "disappear".

4: It could be the dial paint or an attribute of the AR, but in the gen the dial appears to be black in some angles, a charcoal grey/light black in others.

5: Reversed subdials. Hand positioning; on the other hand, is correct.

6: Hands do not have a high-poilished finish like on the gen.

7: Chrono runs for thirty minutes and twelve hours, not fifteen and six like on the gen.

Other than that, you sure get ALOT for only $300. The big tell between the gen and rep is just the overall finish.

Oh no, it defintely does not discourage. We all must accept that there are flaws , even on the SUPER reps. Besdies like you said..you get a lot for $300 and that is true. Just look at a $600 HBB...screws falling off, the glued on letter on the rotor...That takes less skill to call out as a fake than this breitling.