When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Bond Strap

scotty

:g: Just received the infamous rubber strap for my UPO, with the 1,8 upgraded springbars.

Tried fitting last night and found a problem.

The strap has over-moulded links at the top where it fits to the case, but the rubber hasn't moulded all the way over so parts of the inserts are exposed.

Also the bottom ridge which sits under the case is very slight and not really pronounced.

Result - when fitted the straps pop out easily from the case side, bending down (actually nearly flopping down).

My question to those who have received these straps, is whether anyone else has found this ?

Anyone else received one where you can see the link insert ?

To me it's missing about 1 -1,5mm of rubber on the contact face, plus a bigger bottom ridge - that would close the gap and give a snug fit, and stop it flopping down.

YES it is a UPO (bought from PT).

Strap has come from the famous forum source.....

IF someone else has had this, what did they do ? Return the strap or effect some fix?

Thanx all.......and be nice......

The silix PO case has the holes drilled a bit futher outboard than the upo hence the gap, if you think that is a pain try fitting a UPO bracelet to a silix case! I am not sure how other have done this conversion sorry i cant help.

I don't get it at all. Can you post some pics?

I've handled several uPOs from different sources and never encountered the issues you are describing. By your description of the strap it sounds like it has a manufacturing fault (ie. part of the embedded SEL is exposed outside the rubber).

I don't get it at all. Can you post some pics?

I've handled several uPOs from different sources and never encountered the issues you are describing. By your description of the strap it sounds like it has a manufacturing fault (ie. part of the embedded SEL is exposed outside the rubber).

A fellow Scot, with a picture pointing a gun at me. Could only be Glasgow. (I'm an east coaster and no quips about fur coats and knickers please......).

Pics is a problem but I'll have a go at home. But I agree - I think it's a manufacturing fault as the contact face is not totally covered in rubber. What there is looks a bit thin.

I've sent a PM to where I got it from before deciding what to do. Hopefully it's a case of getting a replacement.

The springbars I got look to be the standard thin ones, not 1.8mm as I'd thought (I've them with me and I've been playing with calipers). So I'll call into a jewelers this pm to c if they have anything more robust.

Even if I get it to fit and not wobble, I'm dubious over the inserts being exposed re. future corrosion........I go swimming in the sea over here coz it's hot.

It's easy to tell if the springbars are 1.8mm thick as they will be a very hard fit in the strap holes. 1.78mm bars will slide in with a bit of effort and 1.8mm will require some soap, water and plenty pressure!!

went to a jeweler and had real 1,8mm springbars fitted. And the problem remains - it's really obvious the strap is lacking rubber on the front contact face.

I'm trying to contact where it came from to see if a replacement can be organised....if not I give in. too much of a headache.