When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newest LV Rep vs. Gen

Thor

Page 1:

Man it seems I can't make an original post before someone else does so I will combine the two topics I have been looking into.

I am assuming here that all the watches posted at kenwatches.com are genuine, seems to be a reputable dealer, even being in HK. Assuming that, the Swiss Made does jump in versions. Also a thread just posted discussing the Swiss made jumping around.

So I created a comparison picture. Look at the 4 genuine LVs versus Andrews newest LV and decide for yourself. At the quoted price for the Asian, it is almost too much take.

Enjoy!

D

109-8502.jpg

Yes, that's what I'm taking about, "Swiss Made" jumping around on gen dials on gen LVs. What's up with that? I'm seeing this everywhere. The one on Rolex's site show the S and the E over the 32nd and 28th mark repectfully. Yet some newer gens seem to have "Swiss Made" squeezed between the marks.

Just finished going through numerous posts about "the best LV sub" and since updates happen all the time I was wondering where I can currently get the best LV sub and Daytona. Please post a link to website or contact info. Thanks! I want to order ASAP!

- David

Go to the Photo Gallery II.

Trustywatchguy's LV is the one in the center of the picture.

D

ahh ok, just wasn't sure if this was the best one since no one else replied. Anyone out there? It looks good to me but just wanted a 2nd or 3rd opinion. Thanks!

Finding the "best" is relative to your biases. That is a vague statement, but there are so many version of this watch, some have good this, some have good that, none have it all. It all depends on how much you want to spend and which flaws you can live with. It is all in your eye.

Some people here don't like the date mag, some people here do.

Some people here don't like the rehaunt on this version, some people don't care.

Is this one the "best"? Only you can decide. For $108 for the Asian version it seems hard to beat. I am hoping that a little love and care can make this one very nice. Since I ordered one.

D

I guess I dont mind which LV I get as long as the green bezel is not too dark like the earlier versions. How do you think the bezel color looks?

Green :laugh:

har har har :gun_bandana:

yah but thats my biggest concern... not sure what the other common flaws are w/ the reps. But the darker green bezel would annoy me everytime i look at it.

Well as compared to the other gens in the picture I made, I think the color is pretty good. However, the color has been debated here as well. This might help you in your search:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=15345

The pearl however is suspect. I will either be ordering a replacement insert with OEM pearl or sending it off to have this done.

D

The color is pretty good on that one. I wouldn't worry about that as much as the bezel pearl and the font. I would replace the bezel insert regardless. Problem solved.

With ever Rolex there are variations. They are all a little different. The flaws that most of us pick on will never be noticed by anyone. The things I would look at most:

CGs - Pretty good on this

Date font and mag - Font is good mag is not great, but ok

Dial printing and alignment - Printing looks a little big to me, but is still ok

Bezel insert and pearl - insert is ok the font is too thick, but the pearl is still poor. It is improving though.

For the most part it is a good rep. The only other thing that gets me is the case lugs. They bother me in that picture, but again it is probably a picky thing.

I would still say get it and replace the bezel insert. It will require some modification but can be done.

rehaut rehaut rehaut

I'll let you know when mine show up. :Jumpy:

Yep Rehaut and mag are way out, I would wait for an improved version because these items have been addressed on other submariners (non LV) and they will find there way back to this particular model.

The mag would upset me every time i looked at it, CG's,bezel and pearl are easily sorted by our residents on here.

Victor

Anyone notice the differences of the "Swiss Made"?

According to some Japs forum, the upper LV is from an earlier production batch, probably Y---, and the lower is the final production, F-----.

My 2836 LV belongs to the Y--- series. But I did saw many cheaper models with F--- spacing.

:happy:

Page 2:

Is the Andrew LV a mid side in the picture? Cause I notice the Rolex crown and the logo text are a tad too big compared to the genuine pics.

Here is yet a third variation of "Swiss Made". Notice that this gen has full length 28th and 32nd tick marks:

110-8501.jpg

Guys, this really is a very minor thing to worry about. The "swiss made" spacing is all over the place and has been. When you can line up 5 gens and at least 3 of them are different then forget about it.

There aren't any mid size subs

I'm no longer disputing the fact that variations do exist. I'm now trying to clarify or get clarification to the belief that model/year has been consistant as discussed in threads like this:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...1&st=&p=entry

According to that thread (except for one particualr poster that noticed all three), there are only two variations of the LV and some concluded that it could help to identify fakes. And one even said that it was just an illusion from the shortening of ticks which I don't believe. It seems that model/year was consistant for vintage models as discussed, but not for current models as some concluded. I think that knowing the variations is good for finding an even closer match rep. I also think that some less recent LV reps that were considered to have an incorrect "Swiss Made" are actually correct depending on what the Jap had to go by that "week".

of course it is

As long as you do understand that, unless you are trying to sell a fake as a gen, nobody is going to look at it that closely. Most of the flaws that are so discussed on here will never ever be noticed by anyone. The location of the 'swiss made" is one of the last things most people will ever look at.

The first is usually the cyclops and the date font. The second is the bezel insert and pearl. Most people see that the second hand sweeps instead of ticks and things it is gen.

Just want to make sure your not getting worked up over nothing.