When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My girlfriend and a rose gold...

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

This is my first totally inexpensive rep bought since I joined our rep forums.

It is also a first quartz.

But have to tell you it really was a nice surprise.

It really is a fantastic watch for the money.

Love the square case design and those big roman numerals.

It has a nicely finished dial and great rose gold plating which is polished on the front side and brushed on case sides.

It has some flaws, it is smaller than the gen etc but overall it really is great and looks good on Ola's wrist.

It really got me thinking about a 2Tone Santos 100

Here are some pics:

286434-8272.jpg

286434-8273.jpg

286434-8274.jpg

286434-8275.jpg

286434-8276.jpg

And some pics of the watch alone:

286434-8277.jpg

286434-8278.jpg

286434-8279.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Sql_pl

Wow, a really lovely watch!

Ola (and your pics) made it even better, but it also looks a great watch on its own.

A lovely buckle too.

I tend to do the same every time I order a watch for myself as well... Always get an extra Cartier for the lady at home!

She's more than happy with a nice tank and pasha (just like Ola I guess)

Unfortunately she wore the Tank that much that the clasp of the strap does not fix any longer. Angel & Jay just send me a new case + strap but it was a smaller size. I guess I have to order myself another favorite from the longlist...

Who can help me decide?

- PAM177H

- Omega seamaster

- TAG Carrera (Brad Pitt watch)

- IWC 3717

Actually I'm still waiting for decent rep of the IWC Mark XVI because of it's simplicity but up till now no rep found yet...

I nominate Ola for honorary VIP membership. All in favor, say Aye. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the Dumont, it looks very, very nice. I tried a gen on a few years ago and loved it. A nice size and a distinctive dress watch option.

How good is the strap? The one in the pictures looks similar, but not quite as nice as the gen strap, which was buttery rich.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sql_pl, sorry to trouble you. It's indeed a very nice watch! May I know who did you get it from? And how do you find the quality? I'm also planning to get one for my partner and thinking if I should get it from Jos..., Andr... or Silix. Silix if offering at a very good price compared to Andr... and Jos..., so wondering if the quality is ok or not. I would appreciate your good advise. Thank you and have a nice day.

Simply gorgeous. Re the TT Sant*s, I am hoping they'll get the dial right, and then I'll be the first in line!erwinner: your choice is simple: 177H.

That is a beauty!I have the Santos 100. I love it. Except for the strap.HKTan is making me one for $109
Great minds think alike. HK's doing my chrono strap. :)

• 1 year later...