When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions of this Moon Watch

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have no idea who made this, or where it even came from. Interested in your opinions... Any information about it (make, age) would be appreciated.

286856-7957.jpg

286856-7958.jpg

286856-7959.jpg

286856-7960.jpg

286856-7961.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am sure that it is not gen. I purchased it in 2005 from a seller locally that I found on Craigslist. I paid a whopping $125 for it. I have since been offered well over that, and many people who are not replica collectors have thought it was genuine. About a year ago I had to have a pusher put back on, the watchmaker that did the work (obviously not educated in replicas) asked me if I was interested in selling it. He said he had a buyer lined up already.

I compared it to many pictures online of replicas, and the differences (in my opinion) the improvement that are on this watch include the missing dots by the 12 marker, the 5-10-15 numbers around the dial which are missing on all of the replicas I have seen, and the curved clasp with the proper speedmaster professional engraving.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have probably 20 pictures of this watch, and not a single profile shot of either side... I am going to take some new pics and post it for sale in the next couple days. I picked up my GEN Speedy Moon watch yesterday!

Guest carlsbadrolex

I can take comp. pics, but they are different models... My GEN does not have a display back and the dial is considerably different. As it has been said, this replica speedmaster is really a hybrid of a couple different watches. It isnt really a replica of any one.

• 3 months later...