When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Planet Ocean real?

georgegrasser

I sent a message to this guy to tell him he'd been rumbled, he replied saying that he didn't know it was a fake but he was going to pull the auction to check it out. Just checked and it's gone. :whistling:

Yep. Gone. Great. Why do I think he won't conact the previous buyers to infom them of his "error".

He left his IWC up. Is it possible to own a rep for sale and not know it? The guy sells handbags too.

Yeah, it's possible- look at his happy customers that now own reps without knowing. But since he's been pretty careful about selling the cream of the crop reps, very hard to tell if you aren't an crazy watch idiot like us, I'd say he's doing it on purpose because the likelyhoods of him being caught out is nil unless the bamboozled take their new watches into an AD to get verified. And some of them won't care, since they are so good, and they probably have no idea how low the actual price is on them. 8 years ago, if I paid 1000 for a near perfect rep of a 5000 us watch, I'd have been damn happy.

Poor folks.

Yeah, it's possible- look at his happy customers that now own reps without knowing. But since he's been pretty careful about selling the cream of the crop reps, very hard to tell if you aren't an crazy watch idiot like us, I'd say he's doing it on purpose because the likelyhoods of him being caught out is nil unless the bamboozled take their new watches into an AD to get verified. And some of them won't care, since they are so good, and they probably have no idea how low the actual price is on them. 8 years ago, if I paid 1000 for a near perfect rep of a 5000 us watch, I'd have been damn happy.

Poor folks.

I contacted and got a reply from one of his customers on the Montblanc. Had it serviced at MB and it checked out as genuine. The buyer seemed real, and thanked me for my concern.