When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Dial will fit UPO?

CegaRazoR

That's a question being asked before.

I remember one member who was going to order a gen dial for replacement.

This was only a week or two ago.

I haven't heard any news yet.

Sorry for that... I was looking for that topic actually obviously didn

I doubt the dial will just drop in so save your money.

Anyway, reference of the 45mm PO is 2900.50.91

I wouldn't be too suprised if it proved to fit fine... the gen dial fit the 4th gen 42mm size PO perfectly.

I still patiently (somewhat) await someone else to try it first though :whistling:

Anyone with a Gen 45mm out there willing to disassemble and measure dials outer Diameter and the distance from dial center to datewheel opening?

If we could get those measurements... it would easy to find out... measure a rep dial against it.

Amplitude has done a 42mm.

I would assume that it will fit the date window perfectly as the bace works for the coaxial works in the PO is 2892 so as long as you have an ETA PO it should be OK,

By the way we all know that to assume will make an ass out of u and me so pleas dont spend any money on my say so.

Well, we area bout to find out... I just ordered a Gen dial for my UPO 45

Keep us posted... I'm seriously considering this mod on one of my UPOs... Gen hands done already.

And @ FxrAndy... should fit the "lite" then as well... the dials on my ETA and my "Lite" upo are the same size.... and I had no idea the base of the Co-Ax is a 2892... learn something new everyday. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, we area bout to find out... I just ordered a Gen dial for my UPO 45

I ordered the gen dial for my 45 MM PO (not the ultimate, but the preceding generation - with oversized omega logo). The watchsmith that does my rep work, says it fits the case, however, the pins behing the genuine logo are too short, and the internal wheel for the date was damaged (and thus the date does not change) as a result. He is currently working on the watch to fix it. But in all, the dial does fit the case.

So I suppose it will also fit the UPO, and probably won't have the problem I mentioned here considering it has a different movement.

I was the one who originally posted I was going to put the gen dial in the UPO. I'll be sending the watch and all the parts to THE masterful The Zigmeister for his handy work.

He'll be on vacation and returning to work on my watch in early Sept.

I'm so excited!

I ordered the gen dial for my 45 MM PO (not the ultimate, but the preceding generation - with oversized omega logo). The watchsmith that does my rep work, says it fits the case, however, the pins behing the genuine logo are too short, and the internal wheel for the date was damaged (and thus the date does not change) as a result. He is currently working on the watch to fix it. But in all, the dial does fit the case.

So I suppose it will also fit the UPO, and probably won't have the problem I mentioned here considering it has a different movement.

Fits the case along with the date wheel?

I had Ziggy order a gen dial a few weeks ago and am still waiting to receive it. My bet is the dial fits but you may well have to remove the feet (if there are any) and tape to the movement. That is a complete guess but usually how it works if it is going to at all. I have both versions but bought only one dial. I was just curious to see just how close the rep is to the gen in the flesh. :whistling: