When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moljina and ETA: Identical dials?

HI,

does anybody know if it is possible to swap an ETA dial (for example of a 1940 MM or a Fiddy) for a Moljina one? I want to upgrade a Moljina pannie with a new dial which is offered for swiss/ asian 6497. What's about the feet position and the distance between the centre and subdial?

Thx a lot and all the best

it will not fit

i have unitas movement and moljina model... but the dial not fit on both models

i don´t know why???

unitas 6497/98 is the basic of moljina caliber????

No the ETA 6497 was not the basis for the Moljina. This a Russian movt made from the 60's to the present day and was based on the old Cortebert/Rolex movt from the 1930's that Panerai fitted to their military watches and which rather ironically means that it is perfect for the vintage PAM reps.

If the running seconds subdial and center hole are in the same locations, then dial feet dont' matter.

You can cut the dial feet off, file them flat, and then attach the dial to the movement with dial tape, it's a great solution...

RG

Hi Rob,

that's in what I am exactly interested! The dial feet position doesn't mean anything to me because I will cut them off and glue new feet onto the required position. But does anybody here know if the running seconds subdial and center hole are in the same locations?

Thanks to all

Frank

Edited by shultz