When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another 3717 with swiss 7750 ...

z3k0

So, this one is done by myself. I did it three weeks ago, but just now I got some spare time to write about that :)

I've had one swiss 7750 lying around for some time, thinking what to do with it. Sending one of my 7750 watches to The Zigmeister was too risky for me, and I still don't feel ready to do hand tube swaps :thumbdown:

But then came across 3717, which I really didn't like in the beginning, but it started to grow on me. Then I realized that some dealers are selling it with old A7750, which is more than fortunate in this situation, so I started looking for a good deal. And I found it, and few weeks later I was there - ready to go with my first full blown mod.

First challenge was to remove bracelet. The damn thing is really stuck in there, there was not a micron of space between endlink and lugs, it took me almost an hour to get it off.

You can see what the endlinks looked like when I got them out:

289509-6225.jpg

So this is where I started:

289509-6226.jpg

... and this what I prepared for this operation:

289509-6227.jpg

First step was to change day and date wheels on swiss7750 with black ones.

One down, one to go:

289509-6228.jpg

Although it seemed tricky how to insert daywheel, it was really easy - just put it there and turn it, lever goes into position by itself:

289509-6229.jpg

Then, old movement was ejected, and it looked and felt really ugly :black_eye:

289509-6230.jpg

So, dial put onto new movement:

289509-6231.jpg

... and ready for the scary part - fitting of hands - these were my tools (and I must say I LOVE Rodico !!):

289509-6232.jpg

... and after surprisingly short time (much shorter than it took me to remove a bracelet) - we have hands :)

289509-6233.jpg

New movement safely fastened in case (there were no screws before, just anti mag cover was holding the movement):

289509-6234.jpg

And - taaa daaa - my new favorite rep:

289509-6235.jpg

... one family photo

289509-6236.jpg

I must say Swiss 7750 really feels and performs really great, much better than new A7750. No slipping hands problem, smooth chrono, much softer pushers (although start/stop is not really soft).

So, thanks for reading, maybe I will post some more pics soon.

bye