When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weak pins @ lugs on Tag Chrono?

Sorry I dont have pics avail to post right now... But I've had my Tag Chrono for a couple weeks now and looking closely at the lugs (I think that's the right word) either side of the face on the back of the watch... the pin going through doesn't look to be straight. Not sure if it's like that from new, or if the pins are mounted diagonally, not at a 90deg to the inside face of the lugs, ... Just hoping that i've not bent the pins somehow and end up having the Rep fall of my wrist :thumbsupsmileyanim: Comments plz.

• 1 month later...

You will see in a number of reps that the spring bars are not straight and have been bent by the installer to get them to fit into the lug holes in the case. It is simply a matter that the holes in the case were not properly located to meet the springs bars (once they are in the bracelet). Not ideal but I would say 50% of the rep watches I buy are like this.

Tip: If the spring bars are bent do not take them out of the bracelet if you decide to take the bracelet out and use a strap. Leave the sping bars in the bracelet and tape them so they do not fall out. If you take them out to use with the strap OR mix them in with other spring bars it may be difficult to install the bracelet again!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the info...

You will see in a number of reps that the spring bars are not straight and have been bent by the installer to get them to fit into the lug holes in the case. It is simply a matter that the holes in the case were not properly located to meet the springs bars (once they are in the bracelet). Not ideal but I would say 50% of the rep watches I buy are like this.

Tip: If the spring bars are bent do not take them out of the bracelet if you decide to take the bracelet out and use a strap. Leave the sping bars in the bracelet and tape them so they do not fall out. If you take them out to use with the strap OR mix them in with other spring bars it may be difficult to install the bracelet again!!

TimeShare

• 1 month later...

one side of the spring bars on both sides of my tag link chrono 7750 have come out (it wiggles and i can clearly see one side of the spring bar on both ends of the bracelet have come out of the hole and are just wiggling)

how should i rememdy the situation ??

if i need new springbars how much should it cost ?

• 3 months later...

Springbars are cheap and easily available on eBay. The tricky bit may be finding the exact diameter size to get a snug fit on your bracelet.

Springbars are cheap and easily available on eBay. The tricky bit may be finding the exact diameter size to get a snug fit on your bracelet.