When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking at genuine Montblanc

bbell6

I'm considering purchasing one of these Montblancs. A couple of months ago I read a review on this watch (can't seem to relocate the review) that compared it very favorably to a Rolex (I think this was in reference to the quality of the case). If I recall correctly, it also said it was one of the few chronographs in which the chronograph could be used under water. I like the watch because it looks dressy and appears to work well with either a stainless bracelet, black croc, or brown croc. I believe it runs around $2,500 new at an AD, but can be picked up considerably cheaper on ebay (new or slightly used)

Any opinions?

290051-5951.jpg

I'm considering purchasing one of these Montblancs. A couple of months ago I read a review on this watch (can't seem to relocate the review) that compared it very favorably to a Rolex (I think this was in reference to the quality of the case). If I recall correctly, it also said it was one of the few chronographs in which the chronograph could be used under water. I like the watch because it looks dressy and appears to work well with either a stainless bracelet, black croc, or brown croc. I believe it runs around $2,500 new at an AD, but can be picked up considerably cheaper on ebay (new or slightly used)

Any opinions?

290101-5937.jpg

I've tried this watch on so many times at our local AD, but they only carried it in the gold case w/leather band and gold case with gold bracelet. What always stopped me is it just really looks like a copy of a Rolex in my eyes for some reason, and really in gold it was very expensive but for me it would have been 50% at $5,000 and $10,000 with the bracelet since I was friends with the manager and would have got her employee discount. However, that will never happen now as my local MB AD is closing its doors here tomorrow due to lack of meeting the yearly sales quota.

But, if you can snag this COSC certified 7750 movement with the MB nameplate for less than $2,500, I'd say that was a good deal.