When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB prices just went... UP!

Guest Sql_pl

Oh really, it is ETA? Dear god that must be the reason!

I'm only asking myself how the devil other dealers supplied me with ETA based watches for 100$?

I just received an updated price list from Jules Borel and the ETA 2824/2836 are listed at $100 each.

My guess is that either you bought old stock or the 2824/2836 Asian clone. The price for ETA movements is definitely going up!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received an updated price list from Jules Borel and the ETA 2824/2836 are listed at $100 each.

My guess is that either you bought old stock or the 2824/2836 Asian clone. The price for ETA movements is definitely going up!

well I just recieved an updated price list from Ralph Lauren that lists Polos at 79US$. The ones I got for 17$ a piece must me stolen LOL

(no, my ETA movement is not a clone. no, just because ETA movements cost 100$ at "Jules Borel" doesnt mean thats the least you can get them for. yes, ETA manufactures in china. yes, if my rolex somehow has a FAKE ETA movement that is a 1:1 clone with all stampings and markings, then YES, the one for 250$ will be the same cheap fake.)

OH I FORGOT!!! Josh&Andrew are KNOWN for having ONLY 1000000% LEGITIMATE ETA STOCK..... HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT THAT?`???? OH MY GOD! This is SOOO embarrassing!

Did everyone sleep through the White Lies thread? Yes, there's a cartel. We've known about it since Josh announced it on RWI and it's where my "Dun be a Pug" quote comes from.

Members: Joshua (Perfect Clones), Andrew (Trustytime), King (King watches) and a reluctant Angus (Puretime).

They colluded with the SFSO/HBB manufacturer to fix the prices of these watches artificially high and we stood by and let them. We, as a community, have had the opportunity on numerous occasions to stand up and be counted, but every time, there's a bit of talk, some fear that a dealer may not give good prices if they roll on him, and ... nothing.

The Admin of this site asked us as a community what we wanted to do to those dealers that lied and colluded and we basically said we were happy to take one in the ass every now and then as long as they continued to sell us watches.

Well, as a matter of fact that dealer I spoke to mentioned King aswell, I didnot want to publish the name though, because I myself wasnt sure about that, because I dont know King at all. I never saw a reason to deal or care about her or him or whatever he/she is. Pure Times connections to the factory are more than obvious!

Ok, so you are sure there is a cartel.

In this case, either one of the following two:

1. That dealer is in the cartel. In this case he must also be a masochist as there is no other reason for him to admit he takes part in a cartel 'whose goal it is to push the prices high'. (Other than a misunderstanding, naturally).

2. That dealer is out of the cartel. In this case his report about a cartel has to be taken all but for granted.

If you were not so anxious to embrace the oversimplistic thesis of a cartel, even YOU could have figured it out.

Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.

it will come better dealers whit better prices in time they will come-.

right now i dont even think of buying a "super rep",gens are mighty good at 2k$ coud get breit emergency chrono avanger M1 and such for that price :)

he's like one of those accidents you see on the highway.. you try to look away but just can't :bicycle:

I never look at those accidents and I hate those idiots who look at them and cause traffic jams. You know _I_ have to pay gas for that! At nearly 8$ a gallon its not funny anymore!

edit: I see you are a brooklyn guy... why didnt you attend our little get to gether in new york?