When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your next rep going to be?

tmark

Davidsen has all the parts to make that,,the only difference would be a slightly darker lum. Looks very temping.

I will use my 112H from SIlix in the PVD case of David.. It wil lbe PERFECT :wub:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying for six months to obtain two iwc gst's.. one white one black.. seems every dealer

is only carrying the titanium models.. which to me are like dead stone... no reflections,..no sparkles..

no life...

If anyone has a fully working a mint iwc gst in stainless.. I offer $200... Pleeeease.... :bounce:

Did you ask River, Joshua, Andrew, etc. whether they could source a stainless for you? I can't imagine that they stopped making them already. And I purchased one from Joshua within the last couple of months.

Did you ask River, Joshua, Andrew, etc. whether they could source a stainless for you? I can't imagine that they stopped making them already. And I purchased one from Joshua within the last couple of months.

Thanks for the help... I guess like most, I have my favorite dealers, as I have found that it helps

when problems arise... I start with Jay's because his prices, If he doesn't carry what I need,

King is my next stop.. she's so sweet.. then it's to EL for comedy relief and honest answers...

However Jay has recently stopped taking pp.. then King ran out of stock.. as did EL..

River, I have never gone to... don't know why.. just end up with EL as their stock

is always the same..

Josh and I have different ideas on customer/dealer relations.. so I won't go back there..

I do take an occasional watch from Trusty and recently from Neil,...but only the lower priced

models.. as for the rest, they are mostly EU based.. and their prices can't compete with what

I usually pay with the others..and besides I don't really want to start over and establish new

relationships from ground zero, if you know what I mean.

So I guess the only way I am going to obtain what I need is from another member... :whistling:

Thanks for the help... I guess like most, I have my favorite dealers, as I have found that it helps

when problems arise... I start with Jay's because his prices, If he doesn't carry what I need,

King is my next stop.. she's so sweet.. then it's to EL for comedy relief and honest answers...

However Jay has recently stopped taking pp.. then King ran out of stock.. as did EL..

River, I have never gone to... don't know why.. just end up with EL as their stock

is always the same..

Josh and I have different ideas on customer/dealer relations.. so I won't go there..

I do take an occasional watch from Trusty and recently from Neil,...but only the lower priced

models.. as for the rest, they are mostly EU based.. and their prices can't compete with what

I usually pay with the others..and besides I don't really want to start over and establish new

relationships from ground zero, if you know what I mean.

So I guess the only way I am going to obtain what I need is from another member... :whistling:

And Paul? IWC White

And Paul? IWC White

I see Paul as taking business away from our family of dealers, who never burned or spurned us,

as he once did. When I say US I don't mean every individual but us as a collective.

I also feel that we will never gain the type of pricing and service which we deserve, if

we spread our money out over too wide a circle...deluting our buying power to such

a degree that we become just like every other person who has not found the way to

our little oasis...

Seems people don't realize the power we have here and don't know how beneficial it would

be if we wielded it in unison.....

I see Paul as taking business away from our family of dealers, who never burned or spurned us,

as he once did. When I say US I don't mean every individual but us as a collective.

I also feel that we will never gain the type of pricing and service which we deserve, if

we spread our money out over too wide a circle...deluting our buying power to such

a degree that we become just like every other person who has not found the way to

our little oasis...

Seems people don't realize the power we have here and don't know how beneficial it would

be if we wielded it in unison.....

That's one I don't get. you're logic is fuzzy. We have only added three or four worthwhile dealers in the last period of time. Paul's been here many years, and yes, he f**ked up with his crazy sale, but since then has been as reliable as any.

We don't delete our buying power by having 8 or 10 dealers as opposed to 12 or so.We're a steady source as opposed to those who only want to buy one watch. we are as good as it gets for dealers...collectors! And they are as good as it gets for us.

That's one I don't get. you're logic is fuzzy. We have only added three or four worthwhile dealers in the last period of time. Paul's been here many years, and yes, he f**ked up with his crazy sale, but since then has been as reliable as any.

We don't delete our buying power by having 8 or 10 dealers as opposed to 12 or so.We're a steady source as opposed to those who only want to buy one watch. we are as good as it gets for dealers...collectors! And they are as good as it gets for us.

Paul is a large volume dealer who is in competion with King and Jay..

both of whom I am working with to gain us permanent discounts...which will never be if

we throw another mega-dealer into the mix....

We need to start thinking as a unit...

I badly want a 42mm PO orange bezel, but with black rubber strap.

Unfortunately the replica rubber strap that is included with the watch fits horribly, there is a huge gap and weird spacer pins sticking out of the strap ends that emphasize the gap and scratch the sides of the case.

I wish that problem would be solved already.

Paul is a large volume dealer who is in competion with King and Jay..

both of whom I am working with to gain us permanent discounts...which will never be if

we throw another mega-dealer into the mix....

We need to start thinking as a unit...

I'm not sure I agree with your logic, DT. My first two purchases happened to be from Paul -- before the Crazy Sale fiasco -- and with the change to Aspire I'm not even convinced it's the same guy any more. So I wasn't trying to promote him, just to suggest that there are alternatives for the IWCs that you desire.

But competition enhances pricing more than exclusive discounts. For example: I can promise you a 15% discount as long as I know that I can charge 50% over my cost (or even cost + 15%) for a product. You feel good... and I feel even better.

On the other hand, if competition forces me to keep my margin to, say 12%, then I might have to come to you and say "sorry DT, but I can't give you a 15% discount any more. You'll have to pay the same price as anyone else."

Now, I have never been a retailer, and my math skills are not uncontestable, so somebody may say the percentages used in my example are not real world. But even if that is the case, I would wager that scenario B leads to a better price than scenario A.

Sure, the people of RWG do think along common lines. That's why we are here and share insights and reviews about different watches and dealers. But if we decided that we will all purchase only from Jay, King, and perhaps EL, then I don't think we'd be better off.

I am in trouble my list of pams for now seems complete my box has PAM 90, PAM 111, PAM 112, PAM 183, PAM 203, PAM 217

so no more pams for me at the moment, I have also IWC white , Sub LV, TT Black, SS Black A Breitling Seawolf and RLX Daytona...

Now for me is getting even harder that My AP royal Oak is on the way with my new PAM 005..

So if i get a new rep soon its going to be.... THE PERFECT SUB TT Blue... :3a:

I'm not sure I agree with your logic, DT. My first two purchases happened to be from Paul -- before the Crazy Sale fiasco -- and with the change to Aspire I'm not even convinced it's the same guy any more. So I wasn't trying to promote him, just to suggest that there are alternatives for the IWCs that you desire.

But competition enhances pricing more than exclusive discounts. For example: I can promise you a 15% discount as long as I know that I can charge 50% over my cost (or even cost + 15%) for a product. You feel good... and I feel even better.

On the other hand, if competition forces me to keep my margin to, say 12%, then I might have to come to you and say "sorry DT, but I can't give you a 15% discount any more. You'll have to pay the same price as anyone else."

Now, I have never been a retailer, and my math skills are not uncontestable, so somebody may say the percentages used in my example are not real world. But even if that is the case, I would wager that scenario B leads to a better price than scenario A.

Sure, the people of RWG do think along common lines. That's why we are here and share insights and reviews about different watches and dealers. But if we decided that we will all purchase only from Jay, King, and perhaps EL, then I don't think we'd be better off.

Of course I know you were not promoting Paul.. my reply was to RobertK....

and I appreciate your help ! :D

As for my logic,.. it's quite simple,.. buying power.. same as a Group Buy,.. after all

we are Group are we not ?

Why should we pay the same price as outsiders wandering around the web ?

If you were to bring in say 1000 people into any retail store at once, and request

a discount .. what do you think the store owner would say ?

Contrary to what Paul said about us being only only 2% of his business base... do you think

he would be here if that were the case..?

The fact is, any mega-dealer has access to just about any watch that comes available....

so why delute our power with another one ?

Especially since the other dealers are giving us lower prices from start...?

For Loyalty ? How about loyalty to our group, which our long time dealers are a part of..?

Neil, EL, River, King, Jay, Josh, Andrew, Narikaa Both PT.s and the other small specialty dealers...

have never burned us... never shunned us, as a group.

I understand everyone is free to do as they wish... I just wish it were in a more beneficial

manner to the majority.

If however I am wrong.. then I will simply walk away from the ideas I have wishing we

could all have discounts pay for our memberships.. and allow us higher accuracy,

lost watch funds.. More watch prizes,.. and most of all less stress on our family budgets..

... after all, I have what we all do..access to great replicas..and a great group of people here..

so I will still be happy... either way, just not quite as settled..

Oops,... sorry to take this tread off subject...

Iwc GST.... One of each...

Of course I know you were not promoting Paul.. my reply was to RobertK....

and I appreciate your help ! :D

As for my logic,.. it's quite simple,.. buying power.. same as a Group Buy,.. after all

we are Group are we not ?

Why should we pay the same price as outsiders wandering around the web ?

If you were to bring in say 1000 people into any retail store at once, and request

a discount .. what do you think the store owner would say ?

Contrary to what Paul said about us being only only 2% of his business base... do you think

he would be here if that were the case..?

The fact is, any mega-dealer has access to just about any watch that comes available....

so why delute our power with another one ?

Especially since the other dealers are giving us lower prices from start...?

For Loyalty ? How about loyalty to our group, which our long time dealers are a part of..?

Neil, EL, River, King, Jay, Josh, Andrew, Narikaa Both PT.s and the other small specialty dealers...

have never burned us... never shunned us, as a group.

I understand everyone is free to do as they wish... I just wish it were in a more beneficial

manner to the majority.

If however I am wrong.. then I will simply walk away from the ideas I have wishing we

could all have discounts pay for our memberships.. and allow us higher accuracy,

lost watch funds.. More watch prizes,.. and most of all less stress on our family budgets..

... after all, I have what we all do..access to great replicas..and a great group of people here..

so I will still be happy... either way, just not quite as settled..

DT,

I have tremendous respect for your efforts toward improving our discount with select dealers. Believe me, I am an admirer, not a skeptic.

But as you yourself pointed out, we have a very healthy cadre of respected dealers -- any one of whom can deliver a desirable model when someone else can not. The IWC stainless, whether in white, which I have, or in black, is awesome. I prefer either to the titanium. So don't deny yourself. Expand your horizons by dealing with someone else this time. If option A or B don't pan out, by all means try C, D, or E.

Regards, and enjoyable hunting.

Omega Browd Arrow (Lemina, blue hand)

Breitling chrono Avenger on leather (I love the pic a member here posted)

Panerai 192

Tag Hueur Ayrton Sena Chrono (damn 7750)

The Omega PO is tempting, but I really don't like the logo on the last version.

still don't know.

Edited by vric