When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2892-2 Questions

BobM

Those selling what they call "Swiss Grade 1" Rolex replica watches list the movement purported to be used in those watches as a "27-jewel ETA 2892-2". I know there is such a movement as an ETA 2892-2 (also a 2892A2). but I cannot find detail in it. I cannot find it on the ETA site. What I can find about says it is not "27" jewels. I am confused. Some of the sellers report it is actually an an ETA 2836-2 finished by Oris, that it is an Oris 634. The Oris 634 does not appear to be that movement al all! I am relly confused!

Is this a ligitmate declaration of the movement used in these watches? By whom is it made? (It is purported to be "Swiss made") Where can I find detail on the movement on the internet?

Thanks for helping me resolve this question.

Those selling what they call "Swiss Grade 1" Rolex replica watches list the movement purported to be used in those watches as a "27-jewel ETA 2892-2". I know there is such a movement as an ETA 2892-2 (also a 2892A2). but I cannot find detail in it. I cannot find it on the ETA site. What I can find about says it is not "27" jewels. I am confused. Some of the sellers report it is actually an an ETA 2836-2 finished by Oris, that it is an Oris 634. The Oris 634 does not appear to be that movement al all! I am relly confused!

Is this a ligitmate declaration of the movement used in these watches? By whom is it made? (It is purported to be "Swiss made") Where can I find detail on the movement on the internet?

Thanks for helping me resolve this question.

You would do better looking for unbiased reporting on movements from sites like TZ etc....Put 2892-A2 in google and see what you get.

Be aware, there are many variants and clones of 2892 movements coming out of china. Some are pure junk. There are even movements that have Asian parts stacked onto genuine ETA halmarked ebauches. Be careful and ask questions. This movement retails for several hundred dollars so replicas costing $250 claiming genuine ETA 2892-A2 movements should be carefully scrutinized.