When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken bracelet on Chanel J12

ahchard

I only got this from Josh a few weeks ago for my girl. Got the mid grade white ceramic with pink diamonds. Quite happy with it when it arrived... the second hand does not quite align with the markers when it ticks... but I am not sure if this is a major issue or if it can be corrected - doesn't really bother me or my girl though.

Well, took it to get resized last week at a watchmakers... went to pick it up today and he had difficulty with the links. He said he could not get the links out and tried soaking in oil, etc... i suspect he did not know the proper way to get them out. I read in another members review that you only need the push pin tool and the pin pops out??? Well, he broke the ceramic endlink... so basically now the bracelet is useless as the endlink is different from the other links.

Wondering if anyone here on the board has a spare endlink lying around??? (longshot I know...) Or should i email Josh to send me a couple of endlinks? Not sure if the factory will do that seeing the ceramic is supposedly quite exp???

Also, has anyone else had problems with resizing the J12? I am thinking that I should buy a few tools myself and start resizing bracelets myself. Which is the best? I guess a push pin tool... and I also seen birdman sell a pin remover tool where the watch is attached to the unit and there is a screw on the other end you screw and the pin comes out? Any recommendations on what basic tools i need for resizing different models of watches?

Thanks in advance!!!

there are a few threads on this son of a b to change links. email josh i was able to get a entire new braclet for mine (i needed extra links it didnt break). i would offer you the spare but they are the black model.

you need a nice pin tool with a super fine pin. its smaller than average. i picked up a set for like 15 bucks that had a few different size pins.

the "end link" has an even smaller pin than the already to small other links. i recomend getting your own tool to doyour reps. its cheap easy and you dont put your rep in the hands of a 5 dollar an hour pot smoking employee :)

I might be stating the obvious here, but why is the watchsmith not claiming on his insurance for the replacement costs? Sure, accidents happen, but that's why jewellers/watchsmiths have business insurance... You shouldn't have to pay a penny here...

If you don't want to go down that route (ie he asks for a receipt of purchase or something) try getting a 14mm white leather strap for the watch, it'll look awesome :)