When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Know about this movement?

jraines87

Ziggy,

I have a womans Frank Muller with ETA 2671 that has stopped running. My guess is that the oils have dried up in it cause it only ran for a couple of days before it killed over... :(

Any ideas on what (other than a "Dried up Movement") could cause this to happen?

I've added some pics from Joshua's web site so you can see the watch I'm speaking of

42211-37929.jpg

42211-37930.jpg

Edited by jraines87

Ziggy,

I have a womans Frank Muller with ETA 2671 that has stopped running. My guess is that the oils have dried up in it cause it only ran for a couple of days before it killed over... :(

Any ideas on what (other than a "Dried up Movement") could cause this to happen?

I've added some pics from Joshua's web site so you can see the watch I'm speaking of

43040-37809.jpg

43040-37810.jpg

I have overhauled a number of these 2671 models, other than being really really small (whole movement will fit in a 6497 mainspring barrel) they tend to be reliable.

My experience with any FM models, is typically the same, the problems are due to the hands and dial arrangements, namely hands jamming on hands and/or dial... fixing the problem is another issue, simply due to the hands themselves and getting everything to line up and clear each other...

Try moving the hands and see if it starts to run again...

RG