When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone buy a PAM OEM-spec deployant from these guys

jmt

No pics so no comments. ;) There are plenty of after market deployants available if that is what you are talking about. There are some that are very close to the gen. I own good reps, bad reps and OEM. You certainly can buy a 99% rep for $30-40. The only difference will be better finish and a tad deeper engraving of the logo. Where you definitely see the difference is if you are looking for a polished version. On the reps they only come brushed.

They are readily available on the bay. Just make sure they are double deployant and have two posts for the strap hole. You are looking for one with a little bit deeper engraving. Also just double check against a pic of a gen. If you have one you are considering and post a pic I will give you a quick opinion. It is actually pretty tough to go wrong. The dealers may well have them separately as well. Does anyone know if Homer is selling them on the bay these days?

They are readily available on the bay. Just make sure they are double deployant and have two posts for the strap hole. You are looking for one with a little bit deeper engraving. Also just double check against a pic of a gen. If you have one you are considering and post a pic I will give you a quick opinion. It is actually pretty tough to go wrong. The dealers may well have them separately as well. Does anyone know if Homer is selling them on the bay these days?

How about this one?

post-6812-1186540691_thumb.jpg

post-6812-1186540675_thumb.jpg

anyone have a pic of a genuine?

recently i sanded and polished a rep the brushed finish went pretty deep so the "Panerai "got thinner after sanding and polishing .... i'm going to take it to a friend that has a Hermes engraver ,just to go over the engraving ... but i would like to see how deep the engraving is on the orginal ..

thanx,

Lanikai

BTW, is there any site that tells you how to install the double deployant clasp once you buy it? :g: Thanks,

:notworthy:

Guest carlsbadrolex

I looked at the aftermarket deployants on the Bay... Even went so far as to call a seller in Florida and ask him to send me some better pics. In my opinion, they were crap! The rep buckle that I was trying to replace was better quality than what they were offering for $125. So I went and bought a Genuine one. The biggest difference I have seen is that the reps. use threaded screws in the buttons, where as the Genuine uses what must be a pressed in stud. Secondly the underside of the clasp on the rep. is plain. The Genuine has Panerai engraved repeatedly over the entire underside.

If you want detailed pics of the clasp alone, I can take some...

I was afraid of that...

The engraving thing is new this year (anti-counterfitting unveiled in Basel). Where'd you get the OEM deployant?

I looked at the aftermarket deployants on the Bay... Even went so far as to call a seller in Florida and ask him to send me some better pics. In my opinion, they were crap! The rep buckle that I was trying to replace was better quality than what they were offering for $125. So I went and bought a Genuine one. The biggest difference I have seen is that the reps. use threaded screws in the buttons, where as the Genuine uses what must be a pressed in stud. Secondly the underside of the clasp on the rep. is plain. The Genuine has Panerai engraved repeatedly over the entire underside.

If you want detailed pics of the clasp alone, I can take some...

Guest carlsbadrolex

I picked mine up from the local Panerai dealer C.J Charles Jewelers. They are my local dealer of choice for Cartier, Omega, AP, Piaget, Bulgari, Panerai, Frank Muller, JCL and Baume & Mercier. It is without a doubt, heavan on earth!

Here is a pic of the new engraving.295825-1920.jpg

I also wanted to mention that all of the engraving is slightly different. The font size, spacing and location is different. And the model code on the bottom is obviously different on the new ones.

Edited by carlsbadrolex

Here's another pic that I pulled off a great write-up of Basel World from this year (here's the url:hxxp://basel.watchprosite.com/show-nblog.post/ti-363676/).

post-6812-1186623999_thumb.jpg

And, here's one from ebay that looks of good quality:

post-6812-1186626937_thumb.jpg

And the description:

* 100% Money back Guarantee if not Completely Satisfied

* High Quality Deployant Clasp for Panerai Watch Band

* 22mm 316 Heavy Guage Brushed Stainless Steel

* Push Button Double Lock Release

* Screw for Band Installation

* Swiss Made , Exact Specifications of an OEM Panerai Clasp without the cost

I am going for this one -- may take advantage of teh money back guarantee... who knows. Anyway, will let you guys know and send pics of it on my 063 or 111h if I like it.

Edited by jmt

It is the new deployant but unless you are running around with a J series watch it is not the right deployant for the watch. On the gens I don't have a camera but am wearing one right now. The engraving is not all that much better. I too polished a rep and compared it to the gen. It is still not that different. You would not notice it without putting it right up against the gen. And by the way, the first deployant I ever broke was a gen. That was the old version though. IMHO, the real difference is in the quality of the rubber on the gen strap.