When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings and Help!

New to the forums and glad to be here. Have been reading for 10 days and learned tons. I am about to purchase my first 3 reps from Andrew, and have run into a question. Reading the knowledge base and searches have not sollicited the answer.

What is the fundamental reason for buying an automatic over a quartz?

1. Authenticity? closer to the real thing

2. longevity?

My inclination is to buy a rep and use it for 5 years and then likely move onto a new one. Hence the $100-$150 price tag is more appealing than the $280 price tag. My reading leads me to believe as a daily wear the quartz is more 'accurate'.

I am planning on a

1) UPO orange bezel

2) Tag Link

3) B. Superocean.

The tag link chrono comes in a quartz version. Should I stay clear?

Thanks

Bdo

In regards to reps, I would go for the automatic movement over the quartz if the gen uses it. You will usually find that the quartz watches are much less accrauet aesthetically, but they would hold better time than an automatic!

When it comes to gen's it depends on what I buy the watch for.

All of those watches you have listed; If you want the most accurate rep (aesthetically) you should stay away from the waurtz, if you want it for accurate time keeping and for a knock about watch, go for the quartz.