When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD plating

Be patient with Finepics, he is very busy, he will contact you in sooner or later...

Yeah, you people are right, it's just me being very inpatient. I kind of got used to these dealers who reply in 5 minutes, but I guess they only need to get the watches out of stock and send them out.

I will wait patiently now :), because - according to the reviews - Finepics is amazing. I hope to get some experience with him soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Hi Guys - sorry for not replying quickly - yes I have been busy and trying to have a life outside of reps!!!

I will again enquire about the Gold Ti coating tomorrow - I had forgotten about it!!

@ None - your PMs are about to be answered.

Hi, I just read this whole thread about PVD plating, so will and can it work for Yellow-Gold? Tks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob, I am afraid this is a dead horse. Finepics seems to have lost his interest in these things (what a shame, his PVD looked excellent).

I think that our current hopes are only in ajoesmith's and archibald/chieftang/kruzer00 group's hands...

Btw, yes, polished SS is no problem to get PVDed. The beadblasting process that is preliminary to PVD coating (and as much important as it) will take good care of that.

Ah ok,

Thanks for that, I dont know if you have read my posts on what I may do or not but I have an 028 dial on the way and I may decide to PVD my 027 and replace the dial with the 028 in the hopes of getting a more accurate pam 028, The non recessed dial in the 027 bothers me a little. Would this make an accurate 028 like you own?

Rob

I have an 028 dial on the way and I may decide to PVD my 027 and replace the dial with the 028 in the hopes of getting a more accurate pam 028, The non recessed dial in the 027 bothers me a little. Would this make an accurate 028 like you own?

It should.

A better PVD than mine would make it even better, probably (mine was performed by the same company that was once doing the PVD coating on OEM PAMs, but they had changed their method along time and their current PVD is a little too black to my eyes).

Maybe I missed your post... would you provide me with a link please?

Btw, at first I got a little angry by missing the ajoesmith's offer for the 028 dial... Then I considered that, to me, it was going to be just a backup, while to you it was going to be your very 028! ;):thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 year later...