When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Tale of Two Crystals! Sapphire for My Fiddy!

Hello fellow watch addicts! :Jumpy:

For those of you that don't know this about me, I HATE mineral glass with a passion. So when I found out my Fiddy was equiped with this crap I made up my mind either the watch or the crystal had to go! :angry:

I sourced a sapphire crystal from one of our trusty dealers, Davidsen! Thanks dude, good look man! . He got it to me about a week or so later. I didn't have the necessary tools to just pop it in, :bicycle: so I quit BS'n and ordered the watch tools I've been wanting to get (crystal press included!). And today the Postman had a very special gift for me, my watch addict survival tool kit. :victory: Only bad news was the Post man came just as I was walking out the door to head to work . :bangin: Oh well just a few more hours and it will be done!

So tonight while my sweetie cooked dinner, I tinkered. I got the old crystal from the bezel. Equiped the dies in the press and low and behold, my Fiddy is now bulletproof, well idiot proof perhaps would be a better word. :g:

So here she is, my Fiddy with a Davidsen 1:1 sapphire crystal. :3a: Please note also, so that I don't give Davidsen bad publicity, this crystal is not the new AR sapphire he is selling now. I bought this before those were available. :victory:

Now if my 3 26/26 TC Straps will show I'll be super set! :whistling:

Cheers!

Jon

Sorry if the pics aren't up to par, I'm no Pugwash! B)

42584-37874.jpg

42584-37875.jpg

42584-37876.jpg

42584-37877.jpg