When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just arrived Alpha Paul Newman edition

daan

today i got a new watch from hong kong :lol:

i like it a lot,the quality is amazing :thumbsupsmileyanim: and it cost about $125 shipped

lemania(or copy) handwinding movement and most important 100 m waterproof(guaranteed)

what do you guys think of this watch?

It says "Alpha" ?

The 6:00 hand is a ... 24H indicator subdial?

Can I just give you some advice... corgi instinct I guess... don't try swimming with it.

EDIT: I just found this stuff... if you type in "alpha watch" on ebay you get a ton of these re-badged "Rolex" etc... they look to be quite solid but... why get an Alpha watch when you can get a 'Rolex' watch for just a little more?

i actually tested this myself when i took a shower,also put it in a bowl of water and no bubbles coming from the caseback or crown/pushers

maybe i will go to the local watchmaker and ask if he can test it for me to be sure :D

it is really of good quality,i will post some more pictures soon

It says "Alpha" ?

The 6:00 hand is a ... 24H indicator subdial?

Can I just give you some advice... corgi instinct I guess... don't try swimming with it.

EDIT: I just found this stuff... if you type in "alpha watch" on ebay you get a ton of these re-badged "Rolex" etc... they look to be quite solid but... why get an Alpha watch when you can get a 'Rolex' watch for just a little more?

I went to TimeZone once... and lots of those purists are buying Alphas for fun. Most of them would never consider a replica. Alpha is considered ok among the gen guys, which is kinda ironic, since Alphas probably come from the same factory as the cheaper Asian 21J reps.

The Paul Newman is a great watch and no mods are necessary. :D

I replaced the standard bracelet with a vintage rivet and the combination looks killer. The Venus copy movement so far has kept accurate time and all functions work perfectly.

Great bang for the buck if looking for the vintage chrono look.

Added: Nice review @ the rlx forum, http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=7434

295487-2136.jpg

Nice watch. The ST-19 watches have a solid, heavy feel.

Alpha is an old Swiss brand. I have seen some cool vintage watches with that logo. Guess some Asian businessmen have bought the rights to the label..

I would be a bit skeptical to the "Chronometer" statement on the dial though, but at least they do not say COSC ! :lol: