When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

noobie

time147

hi all, i've been reading alot of your threads for a bit---I used to be a Breitling guy, actually have 2 Gen. but saw a couple of Pam's that i like a wanted to know what you Pro's thought--- i have seen many Pam on IOFFER by many different sellers, many dif. prices-- i am looking for a starter and dont mind doing mods--definitely the strap---but who to buy from.....i was hoping to see some sellers here? any help would be appreciated---thanx in advance and look forward to typing with you...lol

hi all, i've been reading alot of your threads for a bit---I used to be a Breitling guy, actually have 2 Gen. but saw a couple of Pam's that i like a wanted to know what you Pro's thought--- i have seen many Pam on IOFFER by many different sellers, many dif. prices-- i am looking for a starter and dont mind doing mods--definitely the strap---but who to buy from.....i was hoping to see some sellers here? any help would be appreciated---thanx in advance and look forward to typing with you...lol

There are many people, even here, who buy from iOffer or CQout, etc. They have no problems, and sometimes get some sweet deals.

But if I could give ONE fellow newbie PAM starter a piece of advice is, PLEASE consider buying a fully-modded version, even if you have to save for a bit. Try Davidsen or The Watch Prince (TWP), who has beautiful mods by Vacuum. Davidsen has an extremely good reputation, since he builds his PAMs from scratch. They are not cheap, 250-390 USD shipped from HK, no PayPal.

But from what I have seen (my uFiddy is on the way), they are all well worth it.

If you really really don't want to go the expensive route (and I wish I had sometimes, less watches, but more quality), try Andrew or Joshua. Their emails and addresses are shown on the board when you get a VIP upgrade. You can also hit search.

Please note that whilst Andrew and Josh's PAMs are often fantastic, they are not in any way modded so in that sense, they won't be "accurate". Having been a Breitling guy will certainly mean you are not a newbie newbie, but also, you need guidance on the mods.

There are two very recent threads on giving advice to newbies about these, so please go to the Panerai area. You'll see the thread immediately.

The general consensus seems to be that the 112h or 111h are the way to go for newbies. I have two 111hs, and am considering the base 112h from Davidsen when I save up. :)

PVDs are fun, but I often think you don't get the full Panerai effect when you buy one the first time.

Good luck!

vbarrett said it all.

Just get a VIP membership and you will be able to see what you are looking for.

I just wanted to add my congrats on your choice of your avatar. Nice and original. Why not having it in colors? (I seem unable to recall any Salvador's watch in B/W :lol:)