When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Opinions for Cartier Santos 100 & Pasha

alant

Hi dear all, I need some opinions as I'm planning to get the Cartier Santos 100 (42mm x 51mm man's size) with leather strap for my partner. Yes she likes big watches and she did try on a gen one before, she don't mind the thickness of the Santos 100 too. So now I have to think whether to get the watch from Silix or Jos... or Andr... or Rub.. Silix's price seems to be the lowest for the Santos 100, so I was wondering in terms of make and quality is everything ok? Or does all Santos come out from the same factory so getting from A or B or C also the same? Thanks.

I have two from two different dealers. The case quality is just fine on both of them. The strap quality has got to be the absolute worst however. Cheapest looking leather ever is being replaced by HKTan.

The strap clasp comes undone on both of them often during normal wear. As does my other deployant rep straps.

One was Asian for $100 and the other was ETA for $240.

In watch winder for about a week or so the Asian lost ten minutes. The ETA was correct after a week.

Go with a dealer that offers good customer service.

I don't knoe about them being wron by women but I have bought the Santos 100 and the Santos 100 Chronograph. The Santos 100 non-chronograph was really unimpressive in my opinion. It has a fairly thin case, poos strap and overall is not as impressive in person as in the pictures. On the other hand, I love the Santos 100 Chronograph which is wider and thicker than the non-chronograph. The strap on my chronograph was even reasonable, not glaringly fack like on the non-chronograph.

Again, not sure about women wearing either watch but for us men I would go for the Santos 100 Chronograph. I got mine from EL.

TimeShare

I just presented my wife with a Pasha because I think it is an almost perfect watch to a lady.

Just not the seatimer, the plain version. I personally feel any diving allusion completely out-of-character with this watch.

Also the Santos is a great choice. But my vote goes to a (plain) Pasha.

BTW, she loved it.

Any more comments for the Santos 100 or Pasha?

Two gens:

I have this Santos 100 and my mother has this Seatimer Pasha. Unfortunately, so does her hairdresser (a man), so she rarely wears it since some watches can be "ruined" for one, if you see it on the hand of someone else.

(He apparently competes with her a bit, and always shows her his custom-made, Parisian-bought straps for the Pasha, some being exotic snakeskin and crocs. So she countered the other day with her gold Cartier Tankissime, a rep she bought from Josh. He glowered at her, sulking because he can't compete with that, heh)

As for my Santos, I wore it for a whole year after I got it in the early 2000s, but honestly, now it seems rather blah comparatively.

I agree that the chronos version would probably give it more oomph, but honestly, I think it looks dead fussy, which is the opposite of elegance. My 2p for you.