When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What reps have the "Asian 2824-2 copy

Nebakanezzar

The UPO lite and asian steelfish do not i repeat DO NOT have an asian 2824 copy, the movement in these watches has nothing remotely to do with 2824 or eta no matter what they advertise it as. The only watch i have seen that had a 2824 copy was a sub from river.

The UPO lite and asian steelfish do not i repeat DO NOT have an asian 2824 copy, the movement in these watches has nothing remotely to do with 2824 or eta no matter what they advertise it as. The only watch i have seen that had a 2824 copy was a sub from river.

thanx for the reply, can you tell me what movement is in the UPO /SFSO lite?

thanx

I own both the UPO lite, and the asian SOSF.

The UPO has a 28,800bph movement (the DG 4813), and SOSF has a 21,600bph movement in it. I don't know what it is, as i don't want to take the back off; but it's definitely a difference beat rate.

Mt SOSF is about 8 weeks old if it makes a difference.

Why would watch makers 'not' put this movement into their newer watches?

Is it seriously a matter of the 'rep' movement still being too expensive to maximize profits?

Sounds ridiculous, but that's the theory I'm operating under. Watches like the Steelfish, etc... should have the best 'clone' movement, IMO. It makes you wonder what we're paying for.