When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customized Aqua Terra

TeeJay

This arrived for me today as a replacement for the Panerai 111 I had with a non-existent power reserve. I'd planned on having one to modify for a while, but then thoughts that I wouldn't wear it, put it to the bottom of my 'to buy' list. The watch itself, is very nice, but the strap it was on is pretty trashy, with one of those square side button deployants. I'm planning on putting it on a dark brown buffalo strap, but put in on black calf-skin for now. I planned to modify the watch by swapping the hands for a set from my dead 42mm Planet Ocean, and that was done without any trouble with the fitting of the hands. However, once they were in place, and I was wiping down the dial, I noticed a white speck near the 2 marker, and realized that it was part of the 'Seamaster' printing, so I used some masking tape and removed that entire line of text to make it more uniform. Overall, I'd have to say this is a really nice watch, but it's not one I plan on keeping for myself, as I know I wouldn't wear it, so I'll be giving it to my dad for his birthday in september. I know it should have a black date wheel, but it came with a white one, and, while I could've probably swapped that over, I think my dad will find the white date wheel easier to read.

Sorry for the poor photo, it was snapped quite quickly.

296891-1153.jpg

Edited by TeeJay