When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW Asian 7750 Running Issues

Tagger

I recently purchased a CHOPARD GMT with NEW Asian 7750. The piece has been running great and about 3 seconds fast a day However I have had some issues

I basically wear the watch all day and night and take it off to avoid water exposure so I presume it is at full charge /wind most of the time.

1. On two occasions it has stopped early in the morning about 7am . It will start again only by pulling out the crown and pushing it back in. No winding required by crown or by moving the watch. Then it will run fine.

2. On one occasion it slowed down one hour overnight and then runs fine during the day.

Is this a power reserve issue? Is the power reserve this poor on the 7750 or does this watch have other issues?

I appreciate your help and if any one else is experiencing such erratic behaviour.

Also i have run the chrono about four times in the last three weeks for about 20 mins just to get it lubed up. No relationship to when I used the chrono to the above events.

You probably have a couple of things going on...

1. If the beat is out (which it most likely is on a unserviced watch) then it will stop running, my guess when this took place, is that by pulling and pushing the crown in, you jarred the balance enough to get it running again...

2. No idea, but most likely related to the watch not being serviced, which means that it's probably over-oiled in some parts, and completely dry in others, and also probably not adjusted correctly.

You can eliminate a power reserve issue by doing the following, wind the watch with the crown, 35+ turns, this should fully wind it.

Put it down, write the day and time, check the watch each morning and night, until it stops...if you get 36 hours or more, you don't have a power reserve issue. Wear the watch, and see how long it runs, keep in mind this is a uni-directional winding movement, which means the rotor turns in the non -winding direction (since it has no friction this way) probably 80% of the time while wearing it. It takes a lot of movement to keep it fully wound.

Running the chrono or not, will not change anything or lubricate the parts...almost all the chrono parts are turning all the time anyway, even with the chrono OFF.

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister.

It is so fortuitous that you posted a reply since I was seriously considering messaging you directly ( but did not feel it was appropriate)

I will check out the power reserve in a more formal way as mentioned.

So what is your charge to

1. service an Asian 7750 28800bpm

2. Versus replacing the movement with a "serviced " movement when the time comes

Thanks again

Thanks The Zigmeister.

It is so fortuitous that you posted a reply since I was seriously considering messaging you directly ( but did not feel it was appropriate)

I will check out the power reserve in a more formal way as mentioned.

So what is your charge to

1. service an Asian 7750 28800bpm

2. Versus replacing the movement with a "serviced " movement when the time comes

Thanks again

PM him, dude... ;)

Update

Powere reserve on this watch Asian 750 28800 bpm after 35 "partial"turns was 46 hours.

I wore it unwound for a day (about 14 hours wear time) and that delivered a power reserve of 6 hours.

I believe my problem was simply that I never manually wound my watch ever and was riding pretty low on my power reserve.

I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION THAT I HAD BROUGHT MY ISSUE TO THE ATTENTIONN OF MY DEAKER RIVER WHO RESPONDED IMMEDIATELY AND OFFERRED TO REPLACE THE WATCH IF IT COULD NOT BE RESOLEVED AFTER TESTING POWER RESERVES ETC. HE DID NOT OFFER TO FIX IT ETC BUT SIMPLY REPLACE IT WITH A NEW PRODUCT. HENCE I WOULD LIKE RIVER TO BE RECOGNISED FOR HIS EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS.THANK YOU

I wore it unwound for a day (about 14 hours wear time) and that delivered a power reserve of 6 hours.

Sounds like a problem with the rotor. I find after half a day's wear, I get over 24 hour's reserve.

Or are you a shop-front mannequin by trade? :tu: