When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NDTradingCorp's "Professionally Refinished" Rolex Dials -- Any good?

earnout

Has anyone ever bought a "professionally refinished" dial from these folks: ND Trading Corp (http://stores.ebay.com/NDTradingCorp). :huh:

It appears they're at least starting with genuine dials -- it says Singer on the back anyway. I was particularly interested in their DRSD dial @ $350. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=007. Yes, there appears to be a streak of white paint across the "610m" but I can't tell if it's just the picture or not.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on other dealers who sell excellent quality vintage dials, as-is and/or refinished? Many many thanks! :D

Michael Young at classicwatchparts.com will refinish your dial for around $100 bucks and I believe that they will supply a blank to fit your movement for $30 bucks if you don't have a dial. Their work is pretty good and much cheaper than ND Trading. If you have your own dial you can also use International Dial, a US based dial refinisher, that does decent work. They have done several dials for me, quality was decent and the price can't be beat at about $35 bucks. Here is an example below. Please excuse the crappy pic, looks better in person.

298528-320.jpg

Heywood -- This is a terrific help. Thank you.

For what it's worth, I also stumbled across another dial refinishing company, Kirk Rich Dial Corporation (http://www.krdial.com/index.htm). I can't vouch for them, but they're apparently one of (if not the) largest dial refinishers in the United States. They claim to have the "the largest collection of original plates in the United States."

Guest carlsbadrolex

Several years ago between deployments I worked with a company that sent several vintage Rolex and American made wristwatches to Kirk Rich Dial. They are only about a two hour drive from me so I volunteered to drive the dials up. It was an incredible site... Ive never seen so many watchmakers, dial blanks, NOS vintage dials, and clean rooms in one place.

The disappointing thing was that with the exception of one Rolex, every one of the dials we got back were wrong. It seems they have the impression they could make it BETTER than original. And they were wrong. Markers were wrong, lume was horrible, the silk screens they used must have been bad because there was ALOT of "overspray".

Needless to say we were less than thrilled, and ended up spending ALOT of money to clean up the mess.