When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Help With Watch Repair! Please!

sye46

My IWC Asian Cousteau's day wheel is stick on Sat and won't move. I've called around couple watch repair shops in Seattle and they won't work on it.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a reputable replica watch repair guy? locally preferred, but at this point, I'm willing to send it to get it fixed.

Thanks

The Zigmeister is the only one I'm aware of that will work on the A7750 movement...

I believe that Vaccum has stated he won't work on them... (correct me if I'm wrong here Vac... you do great work)

I'm not certain about any of the other watchmakers here...

The Zigmeister is the only one I can say that will certainly work on the 7750.... but I do believe that he's on vacation for the next few weeks.

The Zigmeister is the only one I'm aware of that will work on the A7750 movement...

I believe that Vaccum has stated he won't work on them... (correct me if I'm wrong here Vac... you do great work)

I'm not certain about any of the other watchmakers here...

The Zigmeister is the only one I can say that will certainly work on the 7750.... but I do believe that he's on vacation for the next few weeks.

thanks. i'll try to contact him.

My IWC Asian Cousteau's day wheel is stick on Sat and won't move. I've called around couple watch repair shops in Seattle and they won't work on it.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a reputable replica watch repair guy? locally preferred, but at this point, I'm willing to send it to get it fixed.

Thanks

If you have basic tools you can probably fix it yourself. Somebody posted a thread about changing your day/date wheels to eta. Use that for a guide. The day wheel just drops in place on 7750s, asian and ETA. IF you bump it hard enough, or the dial isn't fitted as closely as possible to the movement, it can come loose and stop working. (It will probably look "cocked", or closer to the dial on the outside than the inside if this has happened.)

If this is your problem, try to follow the instructions in that thread if you have some basic watchmaking tools. Just remember to adjust the time until the date flips and stop there before you refit the hands at 12...