When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fedex Question

vlydog

I used to work for UPS so I can answer this one. It means something out of the ordinary happened. Usually this means they tried to deliver it but it required a signature, so they left a notice instead. Exceptions can also be for example it got stuck on one of the conveyor belts at a hub and they found it after the trucks left so the had to except it for a day and it will be back on schedule tomorrow. If your box broke open and they had to rebox it, you called in and changed the delivery address... anything like that.

I have other items coming to me from Geneva and Cyprus .. it was a bit un-nerving to see "exception" .... and to verify what the member above stated ... it was due to the package missing the flight or being sent to the wrong hub .. or being placed on the wrong belt.. things of that nature.. nothing to worry about... just means it will be delayed

They could have really picked a less distressful word than "exception."

But I share your frustrations... my two Mullers are taking way longer than expected to arrive.

Shipping exceptions can also mean that there was a delay en route. I received this "update twice" and it was due to the fact that all Fedex planes in GZ where delayed due to weather. The good thing about fedex is that often if they seize goods they give the supplier a chance to reclaim them. I have had two seizures involving 8 watches and 24 watches. Both times my supplier in GZ was applied to get the watches back from fedex and ship them back to me using ems.