When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chrono Bracelet

timl

I recently purchased a Tag Link Chrono and am happy with the watch overall. This is my first ever rep so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I have a few questions about the bracelet. While resizing the watch I noticed that some of the links have dimples on the back which seem to prevent them from being removed. This isn't a problem from a sizing perspective but I wanted to remove them so that I could tighten them as the two links that are side by side seem to be loose and have a small gap between them. Has anyone completely disassembled the bracelet before?

Another issue that I have been having with the bracelet is that there is a little bit of play where the bracelet connects to the watch case such that the link can move side to side and when this occurs it makes a clicking noise that is getting anoying. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this. Perhaps replacing the spring bars?

Thanks for any help.

I have never tired to remove those links with the dimples, but my bracelet fits very tightly where it meets the watch case. In fact, it is so tight that it gives the appearance that the last link is actually part of the case (it is not). It does not move at all.

It sounds like your last link is just a little to small, causing it to move around. This may be a flaw in your particular bracelet, because I have not heard of anyone else complaining about this problem.

Do not try to use the date quickset feature between 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM or you will damage your movement. Also, do not hit the chrono reset button while the chronos are running. Always stop the chrono before hitting the reset, or you will damage the movement. Dont play with the chronos unless the watch is fully charged. There is a lot of information on this site about these things to avoid with this movement. I would read up on it quickly....

Congrats on your first rep! Thats a nice one to start with.