When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jury duty.

thomasng

that really sucks.. good thing I've never been picked *knock on wood* ! But good luck to you admin, as I know the courthouses in Toronto are old and stingy.. if you're talking about the one at Queen and Bay or College Park... Good thing it's not in the summer either, the Queen/Bay court has one small AC unit stuck in the window for a cool breeze! (At least the rooms I've been in to fight tickets of all kinds) LOL

Edited by aaronk_83

The prosecutor still kept on blowing hot air today! Gosh it was so boring, and this is just opening arguments! We still have to wait for the defence's opening arguments tomorrow, the prosecutor finished at 3pm, the defence said they weren't ready yet, the judge got angry at the defence and dismissed us,to return at 9am tomorrow morning. This is going to be one long trial indeed.

Show your bling bling rep to the lawyers. Make sure he knows it's a rep and maybe he will try to dismiss the jury due to dishonesty.

:)

Rep? Dude, this dawg is wearing an AP gen. If only I was on the jury, "yea sure......free him, lock him up, whatever.....ooooooh nice watch" :p

Keep us updated Tom boy!

Dutchy

All the defense did today was mutter all day long, even the judge and court recorder had to tell the defense lawyer to speak up. Meanwhile, all the jurors were half-asleep in the box, and one guy had his head down the whole time in boredom. Meanwhile the accused still stared at us as if he wanted to murder all of us. Not a good impression to the people who will decide if he goes to jail or not.

And I was wearing the same GP Seahawk II today, and for everyday this week.

All the defense did today was mutter all day long, even the judge and court recorder had to tell the defense lawyer to speak up. Meanwhile, all the jurors were half-asleep in the box, and one guy had his head down the whole time in boredom. Meanwhile the accused still stared at us as if he wanted to murder all of us. Not a good impression to the people who will decide if he goes to jail or not.

And I was wearing the same GP Seahawk II today, and for everyday this week.

So admin, does the accused have a guilty look (a look that he wants to kill you isnt really a 'love look'...I know :p )....or is it that Dr. Kevorkian's son :o Or does he look like he's being set-up?

So admin, does the accused have a guilty look (a look that he wants to kill you isnt really a 'love look'...I know :p )....or is it that Dr. Kevorkian's son :o Or does he look like he's being set-up?

Well, as far as I know, the prosecutor at her opening statements, said there is DNA evidence, videotapes and other hearsay evidence such as witnesses as evidence. We are told approximately 40 witnesses will be called by the prosecutor (Including pathologists, DNA experts, shoe experts and etc.), and 10 witnesses by the defense.

Well, as far as I know, the prosecutor at her opening statements, said there is DNA evidence, videotapes and other hearsay evidence such as witnesses as evidence. We are told approximately 40 witnesses will be called by the prosecutor (Including pathologists, DNA experts, shoe experts and etc.), and 10 witnesses by the defense.

As a young one, just wondering, apart from the jury section, but just the 'watching'/visitors area in the back....are you just allowed to sit there, or is that only for people who actually are involved someway like family members of the accused/defendent, etc?

I've never quit gotten that. Thanks.

As a young one, just wondering, apart from the jury section, but just the 'watching'/visitors area in the back....are you just allowed to sit there, or is that only for people who actually are involved someway like family members of the accused/defendent, etc?

I've never quit gotten that. Thanks.

We only sit in the jury section, obivously.

But anyone can walk into the courtroom, if they are related or not related, and sit in the viewing benches, unless if the Judge issues an order to seal the courtroom. There were relatives of the murder victim there today, with a reporter who wrote an awful lot and there were law students watching too, who came in, and left after an hour or so.

But anyone can walk into the courtroom, if they are related or not related, and sit in the viewing benches, unless if the Judge issues an order to seal the courtroom.

Yea, thats what I meant and what I thought at first. At times a judge will close the courtroom to outsiders.

How were the relatives of the murder victim?

First witness was called to the stand today. It was a crime scene investigator, who was one of the first on the scene. Nothing but repetitive, boring testimony. Such as "I put the evidence in the box marked number XXXX and then sent the box to the XXX at 3pm on XXX, with registration number XXX. The box was a brown coloured, about 1000 cubic centimetres in size, 10 centimetres by 10 centimetres by 10 centimetre, I taped it with some tape from the Scotch company..............." And it went on like that for the whole day, from 10-1:30 and 2:30-4:30...... And this guy is far from done too.

Even the judge looked half-asleep today. :p

We saw pictures of the crime scene today. The victim was a woman, who was naked on the floor in a pool of blood. Stabbed 48 times on her bed then dragged around on the floor. It was quite sad watching the mother of the victim in the viewing gallery, she was crying uncontrollably.

It was quite a stomach twister. Tomorrow we see video footage of the crime scene and other photographic evidence too.

My god...........

The first witness still isn't finished. He still needs to be cross examined by the defense and the prosecutor still needs to reexamine him.

But at least the judge said that he would give us a break from the 10th, and we return to the courthouse on the 17th. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh yes, to the Canucks who asked me what case this is, I'm afraid I can't tell you. The defendants are below 18.

And what really amazes me too is, that it takes years to bring accused murderers to trial. This case happened in the year 2000, and the defendents were arrested in early 2001. I feel really sorry for the people who are arrested, kept in jail for a few years, later to find they're not guilty.

Oh yes, to the Canucks who asked me what case this is, I'm afraid I can't tell you. The defendants are below 18.

And what really amazes me too is, that it takes years to bring accused murderers to trial. This case happened in the year 2000, and the defendents were arrested in early 2001. I feel really sorry for the people who are arrested, kept in jail for a few years, later to find they're not guilty.

admin,

Let us suppose for a moment, two things, one of which we already know isn't true.

1. Your actual name is admin Ng
  2. You live in the U.S.
Now, I realize you live in Canada, and I hope the Law is different there, but were you here in the U.S., you'd already be in Contempt just by discussing the few "details" you have mentioned. Someone could easily piece together what the actual case was, and - POOF - Mistrial. And you're in your room for all day.

As for the name, admin Ng, hopefully you are using as your screen name, the name of the Poet Warrior admin Ng, who gained notoriety in the late 60's. Otherwise, anyone who had an axe to grind with you could snitch you off in a second.

Don't get me wrong, admin. I am not criticizing you - on the contrary; I enjoy reading about your Juris Adventures. I just don't want to see you get your [censored] in a wringer is all.

18390-2801.gif

admin,

Let us suppose for a moment, two things, one of which we already know isn't true.

2. You live in the U.S.
Now, I realize you live in Canada, and I hope the Law is different there, but were you here in the U.S., you'd already be in Contempt just by discussing the few "details" you have mentioned. Someone could easily piece together what the actual case was, and - POOF - Mistrial. And you're in your room for all day.

As for the name, admin Ng, hopefully you are using as your screen name, the name of the Poet Warrior admin Ng, who gained notoriety in the late 60's. Otherwise, anyone who had an axe to grind with you could snitch you off in a second.

Don't get me wrong, admin. I am not criticizing you - on the contrary; I enjoy reading about your Juris Adventures. I just don't want to see you get your [censored] in a wringer is all.

18394-2797.gif

Not my official legal name. I have nothing to worry about.

admin,

2. You live in the U.S.

18395-2796.gif

Very good post. I really enjoy admin' posts as well, something new everyday, even when he states "same boring stuff", at least you know whats going on.

Bres:

I just don't want to see you get your [censored] in a wringer is all.

Hahahaha, never heard that one before! :lol:

OK, maybe my reply was half-assed to bres's post.

Here's the lowdown:

1) I have not mentioned the actual case.

2) I have attempted to search for the case over the internet using the details I provided and it is impossible to.

3) It is not my real legal name, but it is my adopted english name, but my genuine name is way different.

4) In Canada, it is all right to talk about the case but the problem is when you discuss what goes on in the jury room. Everything I'm saying here took place in the courtroom, which is open to members of the public. What will be secret is what we talked about when we go into deliberation, but everything else is public knowledge, as long as we don't write out the offender's names for public viewing because they are young offenders.

5) We are allowed to write about the case, as long as we again, don't write about what went on in the jury room and what led us to our ultimate decision and verdict. Another gray area is if we compromise the case by talking to witnesses or the defense/crown attorneys.

4) In Canada, it is all right to talk about the case but the problem is when you discuss what goes on in the jury room. Everything I'm saying here took place in the courtroom, which is open to members of the public. What will be secret is what we talked about when we go into deliberation.

True! Forgot it was open to members of the public.

Didn't you mention before the defendents were underage (under 18)? ....these supposedly stabbed a woman 48 times?.......jesus.

The first witness is done. It only took 7 full days. <_<

We had to leave at 6pm tonight, for the witness to finish, we normally leave at around 4pm every day, but the witness said he needed to go back to work, and had to finish up. It was just so damn boring going through the entire day with 3 20 minute recesses and a 1 1/2 hour lunch. Mind you, we started at 9am today.