When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It had to happen sooner or later....

docblackrock

Keeps good time, chronos fine, all's well, except....

PR is only approx. 3 hours. even after being worn all day.

Taken off the wrist before retiring for the night, in the morning I find the watch has run for a little while before falling asleep at 3-4am :(

Likely issues suggestion and possible fix advice welcome.

:unsure:

Ritalin usually helps against narcolepsy. ^_^

Out of joke:

if you manually wind it (40+ full winding rounds), does it run a normal time (35-40 hrs)?

If yes, than chances are that the rotor cannot freely rotate. This may especially be due to a missing movement holder, or a poorly manufactured caseback. It may also be due to a lack of proper oiling (in this case servicing the movement may help).

If not, then the issue is more severe and I am afraid that a replacement is your best option.

No expert here anyway. Just faced that same problem a couple times.

Docblackrock,

I had this problem at first when I wasn't winding it properly. This movt "rotor-winds" in the clockwise direction (face up I believe). I "swirl" my watch (to have inertia move the rotor) for approx 100 revolutions to build up a good charge. I also wear it all day long and don't have stoppies anymore. Even still, I don't think the reserve lasts for more than ~20 hours with a full charge.

I try to avoid manual winding since I vaguely remember someone saying it wasn't a good way to wind this particular movt (wears out the clutch or something(??)). Try getting the rotor to make ~100 revolutiions (each direction to be sure) and see how long the power lasts. Good luck.

Jeff

Edited by stang