When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with Evo v2 dial choice...quick!

mezzanine

I've already paid for an Evo, and so I've got very little time to make a correction to my dial selection before it gets shipped out.

I'd originally specified that I wanted a graphite v2 dial, but the one I *really* want is the slate-grey v2 dial with black sub-dials. The problem is that there is almost *no* information on this. It's actually kinda funny....there's a couple of threads where people have asked, and it just doesn't get resolved. It seems no one has bought the v2 slate-grey dial to be able to post the pics.

The gen slate-grey dials are actually a very light coloured grey. I've been able to track down a picture of the revised dial, but it looks too dark again- just like the first generation of the dials. I feel like I'm on crazy pills over here, trying to figure this out in the next 24 hours....without there being a conclusive determination in the archives of ANY of the forums.

If the graphite is the one that has been done best, then I'll go with that one. But if the grey on the v2 dials is a light shade like the gen, I would much rather have that one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Especially if there are any owners out there that actually have pics of the revised slate-grey dialed watch.

Thanks for the pic rolexman-

I wrestled with this one intensely for quite a while, and decided I'd take a flier on the grey dial, because I much prefer the idea of contrasting sub-dials.

I think the graphite is probably more popular now as a rep because it's the one the maker actually used. I've read rumours that he wasn't trying to approximate the BCE slate-grey dial, but rather some earlier grey model that isn't nearly as 'light' a colour of grey. I would love to have a gen looking slate grey dial...but it looks like I'll have to settle.

After I saw your post, I *almost* switched my order...but at the end of the day I don't like the graphite as much, even if it's closer to gen.

Damn....I don't know if it's too late to switch my dial choice, but I haven't got confirmation from my dealer yet that it's been shipped- so it's possible I might be able to. I know I've already got the recommendation to go with the graphite.....but didn't they revise all three dials? Shouldn't the grey have been done right as well, if the graphite was revised correctly?

Damn. This is eating at me.

The slate-grey is probably more popular amongst gen Breitling enthusiasts....just going off my impressions on timezone. I personally like the idea of contrasting subdials on that watch. I LOVE the look of the light grey that the gen dial has...but when I saw a pic of the supposedly revised slate-grey, it still looked way too dark. If the graphite is a better quality dial, outside of just the improved appearance due to the similarity of colour between the subdials and the rest of the dial- then I'd be forced to switch.

It really sucks that there's no information on this on any of the four forums I know of for replica watches.

Well Mezzanine, I struggled with the same thing. I also liked the grey dial better but wasn't able to get descent pictures or info on the 2nd gen grey dial. That's why I went with the graphite... and I still don't regret it.

Could you give us some info and show us some pics when you receive the grey dialed version?

Edited by Rolexman

I've had both the 1st and 2nd gen "grey" dials on this watch. The 1st gen was wrong, it was actually a graphite color with black subdials, and looked quite wrong for this version. The 2nd gen grey dial is actually the exact right color. I got mine with a diamond bezel, so that will be different than yours, but these shots should give you a good idea for what the new grey dial looks like:

Wristshots053.jpg

Wristshots052.jpg

Wristshots056.jpg

Thanks for the pics and input SZ.... but in comparisson with the gen, the grey still looks a tad too dark. Am I right?

Yes, You have right. First ver. have rather brown colour than gray. Than I change dial in my Evo for black with silver subdials. Looks awesome.