When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Concentric dials on the watches

World Traveller

One of the aspects of the replicas that most impresses me is how good they are at replicating the difficult things on the watch face such as the concentric circles that are on many of the faces. Good example is this Cousteau which has it on the subdials.

304079-257.jpg

One of my favorite watches, one that I was hoping to get one day is this Rolex AirKing I see on the Rolex website in the new collection. I have never seen it sold in an AD to see it in person. Do you guys think they will be able to make a good rep of this dial or is it too new?

Also curious to hear your opinions on this Airking.

304079-258.jpg

Yes it seems that those concentric patterns are no difficulty to our makers.

Right now I have an PAM125 rep here, with a very good concentric second subdial, and it was quite inexpensive.

Wow you are quick! He must have read my mind. I see he has the blue one listed too! Looks He just added these to the catalog yesterday. I hope it's not too expensive. this is one of my favorite designs, I am really surprised to see it replicated since I thought it was kind of a new design. I hope they got the blue as bright as it looks on the gen, if not maybe I'll get the silver.

They should run about $98 - $118 for the Chinese and $188-$208 for the Swiss ETA.

personally I do not know what you see in this watch. I much preferred the old version because it was subdued, elegant and crisp in design. This watch, for some reason, just feels like it is screaming at me. It's like the watch is sitting there, being a watch - as all of them do - and silently screaming at something in another dimension. I don't know, I think it's for someone with a very active personality... I am calm and subtle, like most corgis, so the classy look of the old model is right up my alley, though I never did buy it as I simply could not justify the price.

If you will get pleasure from it, then it's money well spent I'm sure.

• 3 weeks later...
Interestingly, it seems the rep maker for the Evo wasn't able to quite get the concentric circles on the dial of that rep.

Even with the SFSO, the concentric circles aren't up to the gen...at least in the pics I've seen.

Very true, however on the darker dials its very hard to tell they are not as distiguished in real life situtations.....pics really show the gen's "rings". The white face's ring detail is much more vivid.