When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what do you think of this?, working "chronometers" Options

Thor

I've been researching Daytonas lately, this looks pretty close. I'm still not clear on the finer details. What is your opinion on this one. I'm not assuming that it's real, but it's a nice case study for me to learn the differences. I've seen the side by side thread in this forum which is very helpful, and I've done alot of searching.

Of course, the description is ridiculous, working chronometer, 7750, grade 1, one pc solid screw down crown, no guarantee of authenticity, etc.

Thanks for your feedback.

Daytona

Yeah, looks good, subdials are above the centerline. I think it's the current Daytona 7750 rep. Pics are not good enough for me to tell more. Interesting sale: a bona fide watch dealer bought it for almost $5000. I'm pretty sure this is a hijacked eBay account. The seller has never sold anything before, only recoverable deals were a couple of maternity dresses.

I wonder what will happen when this rep reaches the buyer? And how could a dealer (look at Guildmarkgroup's store, he has 15 excellent vintage watches for sale) fall for this obvious scam? The seller clearly plans (if caught) to claim that "her" ex-husband must have substituted the rep and made off with the gen, the cad, so no criminal intent on her part (whoever he/she is). People never disappoint, they are worse than you imagine.

Another bonehead out $4500 for a fake watch...

You would think the fact that the text clearly said "7750 movement" would alert people, so how would a divorcee know that her ex husband's Daytona had a 7750 movement in it??? She just admitted it as a fake although she probably doesn't realize this......yet.

Funny to see the question from the one person, guess he didn't read the ad either...

There are so many examples of this on ebay, all the time, it's simply nuts trying to save them all from themselves. 6 months ago I would try and inform the buyer, finally I gave up, if they can't do their own research, then that's their problem...fools and their money.

RG

I can't believe a pro watch seller with >5000 transactions would get duped...

either he confirmed that it's real, fax of the cert, serial no., contacted jewelery store, etc.

or he's in on it, trying to build a history for it...

what's the real thing worth?

geessssss $4,500 for a dam rep :crazymofo:

I have noticed that Daytonas with Swiss Valjoux movements are the only ones where upper subidals have correct small gaps between 2 and 10'o'clock hour markers. It's actually scary good fake.

how nice, 90 %